Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday Morning

I don't mean to scare you people, but this quilt top is finished!  THAT'S RIGHT FINISHED.  No surprise if someone like Sherri said it was done but me??!! In less than a week?? Totally shocking!


Thimble Quilt

I have to say it really was one of the easiest things to make.  The instructions are geared for precuts in the 10inch and 5 inch size, but I just cut from my stash of PKM and PKL.  I think if I was doing it again I'd use a strip for the large block, as the height of the cut thimble was less than 10inches. 

Thimble quillt
 
I was wishing I had a darling clothes line in a darling backyard to take a picture.  I think Sharon has one of those.  She also can crank out projects and she's got the long arm to actually finish them. I tried a variety of spots, but over the back of the swing's canopy seemed to work out the best.  I couldn't let those clothespins go to waste though, they look so cheerful. It was a lovely afternoon here. I wish I could send a sunny day to those of you in snowy weather.
 
So tell me what's new. What are you working on? Can you believe it's just about March? Where does the time go?

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I'll take some of that sunshine please. It has been very snowy here this month but spring is within sight so I am ok with it all. I am in the process of quilting my scrappy trip quilt. I love this quilt!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

VERY cute PKM! And now, you should probably go back to bed -- it's EARLY out there!!!

5:34 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

It's adorable Pam! And yep, I can believe its March, I am ready for Spring!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Yay!...it's finished!
Super cute in your fabrics Pam...and I love the cute clothes pins too:)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

So adorable! Especially with those clothes pins.

Yeah, March? Really? Already? I better get organized before half the year is gone. :)

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Very cute! And your comment about Sherri cracked me up. I swear that woman must quilt in her sleep. Congrats on channeling some of Sherri's turbo quilt making speed!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Ohhh...thank you Pam! I don't know about that though...but I do know I love your quilt! (And I wish I had a clothesline for pictures, too)!

Have a great day!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Little Lady Patchwork said...

WooHoo! Your quilt is super cute...now let's celebrate!

BTW-You are right...Sherri can bang out a beautiful quilt like no other :0)
Stefanie

8:39 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Well, it turned out really cute. How could it not be cute!? It is a fun take on tumblers.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

This is a darling quilt in your fabrics. I am putting it on my list. Now I need to go to Lori's and order the rulers. You sure got it done fast. It might be a good one to practice my machine quilting on.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Awesome! It is so cute! Congrats on getting it done so fast :)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older