Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day! You guys are awesome and I hope you'll all be my Valentines!


coffeevalentine

I had some fun lately making a  little banner. I'm sure like me, you've seen a lot of banners/buntings out there on Pinterest.  I love the look of using vintage linens, just take a peek at this, this, this and this. But while I think they all look so pretty, I'm a big squeamish about cutting up pretty old things, even if they are damaged. I was cutting up some of my Heart Toile and thought gee, this is like the next best thing!  I used Elizabeth's Celebration Banners pattern, because that scalloped edge across the top is just so cute.  I think I'll add to this, but I need to pick up some Heat and Bond off the bolt which I can't find in town.  The stuff I can find, not so good.  I also like Steam-a-Seam but I can only get that in a package and these pieces are just too big. ANYWAY... wouldn't it be fun to adapt Suzanne's tag idea for this too? Buttons, flowers, you name it, not to mention something like Elizabeth did here.


Valentines banner

While I was at CHA with Roseann, we came across the Pinhooks booth.  What a great idea, hangable push pins. Perfect for this kind of project (and a million other things).

Pinhooks!

This is Johnny, who is the President  of Pinhooks I believe! He was quite a good sport and was willing to ham it up for me. Thanks for the Pinhooks Johnny! They work like a charm!

Johnny Cantu - Pinhooks
 
Ok people! I hope you have a fantastic day! And remember, our homework is due tomorrow!! Are you ready?

5 Comments:

Blogger Nedra said...

I need some of those pin hooks! what a great idea. Thanks for sharing! and Happy Valentines Day to you Pam!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks to you and Holly this Valentine's Day was just a bit sweeter. Please include more valentine prints in up coming collections - what the world needs now, is love, sweet love. Speaking of love...LOVE that banner with Elizabeth's scallops! #mustrememberthat
Have a lovely day Pam!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Those pinhooks are awesome -- must. get. some. Happy Valentine's Day to the Queen of Valentine fabric!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

S.W.A.K.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Rachaeldaisy said...

Happy Vallebrines Day!! Your bunting is so pretty! Thanks for pointing out those hook push pins , ill keep an eye out for those.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older