Sunday, September 21, 2008

Friday's Class

We had a good time Friday at Thimblecreek. No one makes you feel more welcome and appreciated that's for sure. Elizabeth and I weren't sure how long it would take so we arrived a little early... just in time for some shopping.


And coffee, I did have time for some coffee!! Here's the project. Elizabeth made this cute banner.. I completely love it. And what do I love even more about it? She stuffed it in my bag to take home! Turns out my fine motor skills aren't what they should be. That and my lack of attention to the instructions.


My contribution was the orange cake. It was yummy.But even better was the company. Jean and her friend Nikki were there, they are a blast. Elizabeth had met them before but it was a first time for me. Becky also joined us and she's great fun. And amazing with a pair of scissors.



We all laughed and had a great time, I couldn't believe it was 1 pm when the time rolled around. The three hours just shot by. I can't wait till next month. We're working on a quilt that can be made in two sizes. Thank goodness, something I know I can do!

(fine print.... the cake recipe is top secret, I promised never to divulge it!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I knew your class would be a hit. Now to figure out how I can get there for next month. lolol!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! The cake looks great and the banner is adorable. Looks just like your blog banner!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I would have loved to be there.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam that's adorable where on earth did you find the bluebirds? I've been hunting for them for home decor !! too bad I live in AZ would of loved to taken that class actually never taken a class in all the yrs I've quilted.
Thanks for sharing,

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend a day - good friends and cake!!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

We all had such a fun time and that cake was jussssssst FAB!!!!! We still want that recipe!! You are such a loyal friend to not share it as promised.

Looking forward to the tote bag class!!

Becky
:)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

That banner is ADORABLE!!! After Becky's cake raving -- can we have the recipe???

2:37 PM  
Blogger Di~ said...

HEY!!! I just saw you over at Jolly Jabber!!! You are gettin' noticed to say the least! Way to go, you've got some great things goin'.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Dying over the banner. Just dying!!!! Way too cute for words. That E... she's amazing! Glad your class was a big success (I knew it would be).

And as for that cake, and the top secret recipe. Fine. Keep it to yourself, so I think it only fitting/fair that you make each of us one.

10:49 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

YUM! I want cake now!!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older