Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rabbit Wrangling

Talk about crazy. The other day I saw this when I went to put my trash cans away... rabbits lounging under my neighbors bushes. You can barely see the little black one on the left.

Another neighbors grand kids live there, and I freaked out.. can't have those kids come home and find their rabbits gone, or worse!

So I went and tried to herd them into the back yard. Turns out there were SIX rabbits loose and they weren't as tame as Binnie. I ran all over trying to catch those little things. I'm sure it was a sight to be seen.

Anyway, later that day I went back, not satisfied with leaving them out front. They managed to scoot back into the backyard through a tiny little hole in the fence. Phew.

Never a dull moment here people.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rabbits are just drawn to you. We used to have a rabbit that would show up every evening and hop across the lawn and into the brush.

Now we just have skunks.....

9:27 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Oh! I wish I could have seen you trying to scoot those little buns into the backyard!. . . I'm picturing arms outstretched, bending over a little, waving your hands to try to get them to move (in the right direction)!
I could have sold tickets!!! :-)
No, really Pam. . . you are such a sweetheart to fuss & worry over those little guys. I hope the neighbors have fixed the little hole in their fence. . . 'Cuz you can't spend all your time shoo-ing little fluffy ones for them! . . . You've got important things to do.. . like quilts to make!
xo Bren

9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How funny! I totally can visualize the wrangling of the rabbits. A tiny little lasso is in the picture. How cute are they?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I would have bought one of Bren's tickets!

You're such a good neighbor, and so kind to the bunnies. Wish you were my neighbor. And not because of the bunnies... because you're you.

Gads... How did I start my morning feeling like Marlo Thomas?!?

10:36 AM  
Blogger mamabug said...

A new career may be in your future......"Bunny Daycare" by Pam There may a market for this and if I were to have a bunny you'd be the one I would trust with my Rabbit :) Or at least you now have a play date when Binnie does come to visit!!! Have a wonderful day. Kathie

10:55 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm just afraid that next week there will be 50 bunnies instead of just the 6...

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I could have seen that!

5:03 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I was part of a bunny wrangler team many years ago. WHAT A WORKOUT! I should just herd bunnies and not drive to the gym every day. :D

7:53 PM  
Blogger Heidi Kaisand said...

We can swamp wranging stories...I'm been wrangling the two new kittens we got last Sunday. What fun!

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little bunny! I can just see you out there : )

10:22 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Were they multiplying right before your eyes?? LOLOL

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older