Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It was a very good day.

How about you peoples? Did you have a good day? I had the most amazing sewing luck today. And believe me, at least half the time it is luck, and not skill. Machine quilting is really a challenge. I try to channel my inner Mrs. Schmenkman but its grids and cables for me. Have you seen her quilting? Well even her piecing and applique. Oh. My. Gosh.

I couldn't do it without this paper and I can't link to the site enough. I've gone through MILES of it. Anyway, it was wonderful, best machine quilting so far. I hope I'm just as lucky tomorrow.

Ok, off to bed. Got a read a little of my mystery then rest up the old eyeballs for an eye exam tomorrow. It couldn't come sooner, my glasses are seconds away from tape. I'll be lucky if they last till the new ones show up.

Hope tomorrow is a good one. My weather person was all jovial as he said it was heating up again. Jerk. Oops, I mean thanks for the warning.

12 Comments:

Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

It was lovely here today. But our jerk, uh weatherman also said heat is coming back. Grrrrr Doesnt he know there are alot of us hot women out here who have had enough??

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

ohh is that a good book? have you read any of the others? Glad you had a good day. How are your goals holding up?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I don't appreciate that kind of "good news" either. Relieved you're getting new glasses. Quilt Market and glasses don't seem to go well together.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

At least one person at market will be able to see LOL! Good luck on your eye exam. At least you'll be inside out of this heat.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

This new book I got by Mary Mashuta has some interesting ideas that do not involve dropping the feed dogs and free motion. Its kind of like that grid idea but making your own with freezer paper. I am going to try that out. (sometime)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

So sorry about the returning heat. We've got it as well. Hot hot hot. Time for fall now!!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so funny and soooooooooo sweet! And there I am over on my blog complaining about machine quilting this week. I second Nanette's mention of the new Mary Mashuta book on machine quilting! It's SUPER! And all of those eye candy quilts don't hurt either. I just got a reminder to schedule my eye exam. Funny, I still refer to these glasses as "new." Methinks this will be the year for bifocals. Or a little arm lengthening.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the results! I also have Mary Mashuta's new book and being a long arm quilter, I found the book fabulous for all quilters!! Take a peek soon. I hope it cools off soon!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, ooohh, ooohhhh, I love cables like that. I hope it won't be long before you can show us!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yes, it was a beautiful day here in Michigan! And I finished a quilt that had been sitting here for a few years & it's also a Christmas present so it's kind of a 20-for-1, yea!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

i am commenting on my NEW phone! i am so impressed that you will machine quilt. that scares me. i just want to finish it and hand it off to someone that won't ruin it like i would. can't wait to see u at market :)
mary

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had to tell you, "you crack me up" you make me lol! The word "jerk" has always made me laugh. Thanks for making me smile.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older