Friday, August 29, 2008

24 hours of non-stop fun, more or less

Elizabeth already broke the story, Monica was in town and had one day to get together, so we stretched that 24 hours out..
We had dinner with Nireko, which was SO DARN FUN. We laughed so hard, ate a ton of food and managed to close the place.


We went on a tour of our favorite spots.. first stop, Thimblecreek! They never fail to disappoint do they, good samples, cute displays and wow, who doesn't love the people. And they're always happy to see us!



Here's Monica and Roxie. They're sharing all the news. Like all the things Monica has in magazines. Roxie is sharing some secrets about their next class schedule!!

Nice display of the Urban Chiks new line 1974. Yes, by the way, I do know the Urban Chiks.

Loved these cool books. I think Elizabeth got one, so she's the one to ask about it. Thimblecreek really goes all out to find the latest and greatest.

Sandy is always busy, but she did stop to cut my pretty pretty fabrics. Which I was lazy about and didn't photograph yet. Lot of pretty Lecien. Thimblecreek has a great collection. Should be on the website soon. Maybe even now!

Ahh Sweet Chickie. She's a doll. Always so cheerful. She makes me feel like a celebrity.

So from there we had lunch at Chevy's and then headed down to the Union City Daiso. Elizabeth is showing her haul. I've been bad, just haven't taken the time to photograph mine. I love Daiso.

Last but not least we stopped at Quilter's Inn. We had a great visit with Jane and Cyndy. No tour is complete with out a stop at our favorite shops you know! And we bought more Lecien. We just can't help ourselves.

The scorching heat didn't even dampen our spirits, but at 110 it sure did give it a good try! Today's cooler weather, 107, made for a hot day of sewing though. The weather is cooling off for the weekend though, so you'll be spared my whining, about that anyway. Now the only whining I'll be doing is why why why Monica lives so darn far away.

Ok peeps, have a happy and safe holiday weekend.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sure sounds like you had a terrific time! I am jealous, friends, quilt shops, and food, it just can't get any better. And by the way, you are a celebrity....I think so!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Doe said...

I'm so jealous, too!
Enjoy the long weekend, sweet PKM.
BTW jackie, Pam IS A CELEBRITY!

6:54 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Lucky, lucky you! Sounds like a fabulous day! Well, except for the heat, of course. I'm so jealous of all your celebrity hobnobbing.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

P.K. - You are my inspiration. I love your idea of stunt sewing. I got an e-mail this morning from the local quilt shop and you've inspired me to sign up for one of the classes!

Thanks, Pam.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

9:00 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

P.K. - You are my inspiration. I love your idea of stunt sewing. I got an e-mail this morning from the local quilt shop and you've inspired me to sign up for one of the classes!

Thanks, Pam.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

9:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It was a wonderful day! Friends, fabric, and melted cheese...
and amazing new plastic things.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time! You didn't mention Triskit. Did she behave or was she grounded????

11:33 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

What fun. You girls always have the best time. Its great to have good friends that share your interests. I love me some Lecien too.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Man, I am envious! It sounds like you guys had SO MUCH FUN!!
Mary

6:46 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Looks like you 3 may have left a trail of destruction in your wake!!! (I mentioned on Elizabeth's blog/comments that maybe you girls should at least call those stores/restaurants up ahead of time so they can prepare themselves!!! ..... or hide!) (actually, I'm just jealous of your fun day !)

9:52 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

OMG... what a freaking fun 2 days! Having a cry fest right now. Seriously. Just got done looking at a slideshow my dad made from all my photos on the tv with all the fam watching. Yeah... had to explain a few things (sugar bags, the banana at Daiso... yeah. Lots of explaining - but lots of laughs too).

And now I must go cry. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Looks like you girls had a good time. How could you not? Can't wait to see you at market.

8:56 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh, I love Daiso too! Looks like you chickees had fun. Jealous me out here in dumb Wisconsin. I had my little bit o'Monica time (with her darling men) this summer. It's just not enough, tho, is it??!! :) I'm glad things are cooling down a little there for you. :)

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older