Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So the other day...

One thing that's hard about all this stunt sewing for Alex is that I can't reveal any of the projects. And there's SEVEN OF THEM. So while I'm wildy busy sewing I have nothing to show for it. But I can show off this pile of fabric we were working with. Pretty, huh? I love batiks.


I only spent about half an hour with her, it's always high energy there, lots going on, phone calls to make and receive. Fabric companies to contact, boxes of fabrics coming TO MY HOUSE. I almost feel like a celebrity. Almost!

Just for grins I took a picture of these laying on the floor! Alex is getting quilts ready for her Silver Star Salute exhibit at Quilt Market this fall. I'm so happy she's being honored. I really really like Alex, not just because she's a celeb and it's fun to hobnob with her, but because she's really a nice person. And you know what, she really really loves quilting, it's not just a job with her.

Ok peoples. Lots of exciting things coming up, I can't wait to share it all with you. Keep cool, the next couple of days are going to be smokin' hot!

17 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gotta agree--Alex is one of the best!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

Couldn't agree more Pam! your right up there too!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The quilts on the floor are very nice. I'll take your word on Alex. I've always thought she was nice though. I miss the old show. Can't wait to see what the stunt sewing churns out. You do good work.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I sit waiting with baited breath...really...I can not wait...I'd be happy with just looking at those fabric pieces. I suffer from fabric addiction.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Finally. Someone who still likes batiks! I hear so many people say they don't like batiks these days -- I love them. I'm no measure though 'cause I love it all!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

So exciting! Love the vintage looking one especially.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the Batiks! I just purchased some today to add to my stash. I recognize the one quilt on the floor...omg! It was always on the set at Simply Quilts. So glad she is being honored.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think of you as a celeb, but I'll always know you open your sugar packs just like the rest of us.

Excitement is mounting! Did you feel that gust of wind coming from Dublin? That was me waving at you!

2:04 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Stunt sewing sounds like such a glamorous job. Sigh.......
I can't wait to see what you are working on. Those quilts on the floor sure are nice!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

I know what you mean, it is so hard to keep everything quiet until the right time!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting patiently here to hear what's up : )

6:39 PM  
Blogger tina said...

I love Alex too. Way back in the day when I started (a now defunct) little online quilting magazine (the first of it's kind I believe) Alex was so generous and kind to me. I will never forget that!

You GO you stunt quilter you!!!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Awesome quilts!
That is kinda how I felt when I met you---star struck!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Am I the last person on the planet that knew you had your own patterns out now? Congratulations!!!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see what you are working on. Great floor quilts!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Holy Cow!!! 7 quilts! You amaze me! when do you sleep??
mary

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty,
Love your blog and your blogging friends. Can you explain to me what stunt sewing is? I think I can guess, but I'd rather hear your reply.
Thanks!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older