Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sew What

Good Morning! Hope Wednesday is off to a good start for you!  Did you go over and leave a comment on Holly's blog? That little lunch box is so cute!  Anyway yesterday I decided to make something for fun. I had seen the cutest little heart wristlet over on the Sew Mama Sew Blog and I was determined to make it. Stop everything and head over to check out how totally adorable it is. Download the pattern so you can make your own.   Then when you get back, we'll resume here.

before
 
Cutting out, pretty easy.  I like my choices and I feel secure that I can just whip this out.  Of course I've forgotten that I really am not good at turning things, I never get those nice crisp edges everyone else does. 

after
 
My oh my, it's the case of the missing rick rack along the right side. And I had wanted the wrist strap on the same side as the zipper opening, but being sew-lame, I managed to get it on the opposite side when pinning it to the back piece.  Lets don't even mention the lack of a center point on those lobes. Still all in all, it's pretty cute. For my next one, I think I'll enlarge the pattern just a smidge. (candy for scale, and consolation)
 
Probably surprising that in spite of it's flaws,  it was still super fun to do and I feel happier having done it. It's the perfect little thing to slide my atm card and keys into  when I head into the market.  I don't think they're going to scrutinize my rick rack at the checkstand , at least I hope not! And who cares if they do?
 
Ok, hope you have a fun filled day!

Update:Looks like the wristlet pattern is no longer on the  Sew Mama Sew site!
 

10 Comments:

Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

That's an adorable writstlet, love your fabric, I may have some coming in the mail soon!!

4:41 AM  
Blogger ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

I saw these and was hoping to make each of my daughters one for tomorrow, the the dreaded cold has struck our house with vengeance so maybe next year. Yours looks really cute and I love the rick-rack!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Debbie Johnson said...

Pam, you are so funny! It does look pretty darn cute! Zippers are scary business to me...something I need to get over.
Thanks for sharing friend!
Happy Wednesday!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Oooooh - ok I know what I am making my little nieces for next year! THANK YOU for the fun idea!! xoxo

7:47 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So darn cute and the ric rac.....no one cares! we are all to impressed with the zipper in that little space!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Your wristlet came out so cute, lobve it :}

7:16 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Shh I would never even notice those mistakes you see. This is super super super cute. Couldn't be more darling.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous DianeP said...

Happy Valentine's Day Pam Kitty!

Cute heart wristlet! Please don't look at the flaws - it's another learning lesson!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Has this tutorial been removed from sew mama sew? Get an error message when I try to link...so cute, I wanted to make it.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous facebook fans said...

Love this !!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older