Monday, January 21, 2013

We meet again.

Good morning! It's been ages, right? I can't believe it. We left Friday the 11th and drove to Anaheim for the CHA Winter Show. The pass between the San Joaquin Valley and Southern California had been closed the night before, but by Friday afternoon the snow looked pretty much gone. I was expecting something closer to  when Elizabeth and I drove through snow, but this seemed pretty tame. Still pretty chilly though.

grapevine pass
 

Roseann invited Frankie and I to attend the show with her. It's a great opportunity for me to see what's new in other areas of the craft industry, not to mention just plain old fun!  Here's Roseann and Frankie working on a Make and Take at Lawn Fawn. Roseann is such an inspiration to me, and of course many others.

Roseann and Frankie at Lawn Fawn

One of my favorite things at CHA was Brenda Walton's area at the Sizzix booth. I have been a long time admirer of Brenda's and it was nice to get a chance to meet her in real life. 

Brenda Walton and Frankie

I loved all the little elements on this cute stand, probably for a bird cage.  So cute and clever, and Frankie just happens to have a darling bird cage stand at home just waiting for this treatment! Brenda's new line of dies is coming out this spring. SUPER CUTE.  (cute video of the booth here)

Brenda Walton's at Sizzix

I just want to make darling little things like this. I can't help it. CHA was filled with amazing dies everywhere. You just want to get a die cutter and go to town.

 Walking about I saw  Brigitte's bag and I thought it was so cute.  Finally I stopped her and asked if I could take a photo, I just thought it was so darling.  My picture doesn't do it justice. Brigitte has a website, not in English, and it's fantastic.  Go there now! You won't regret it.


OMG

I love the displays, so much inspiration.  Here's one in the Pebble's booth. Cute.. loved it all. Sometimes seeing new things helps you feel excited about making again.

Pebbles Booth

Back at the Sizzix booth, I feel in love with this little vignette.  I believe this is part of the Antique Fair group, but I can't find a link on the website.

Sizzix booth
 
This would be perfect in fabric as well don't you think? A cute quilt block? Some of the dies that are mainly for paper will also cut fabric.  I could totally see some of these elements in a block of the month, can't you?  I love all the retro styles that I saw, and how colors seem brighter and cheerier this year. 

sizzix booth

Monday we headed into California Adventure. Lots of new things there to see, including the new Car's Land.  Totally adorable retro area. It was packed.

California Adventure

It was very cold and windy on Monday morning.  The California Screaming ride was stopped, and if you zoom in you can see that the cars are stopped middle of the ride and the people had to WALK OFF. TERRIFYING to me, since I'm afraid of heights. They sat there stopped for probably 15 minutes or so, with Disney people talking to them, then off they all walked.  I was totally traumatized watching from afar! But inspite of the cold it was a wonderful day, just look at that blue sky!
 
California Adventure

Tame rides are more my thing.  Nothing is prettier than the tea cups of Disneyland.  I would love the cheery look in my backyard year round.  Inspite of the cold, it was a great day.

Disneyland


Disneyland

Unfortunately some where between Monday evening and Tuesday morning I was struck with a bit of the flu! WHAT THE HECK?  So Tuesday Bret and Frankie ventured back into the park without me, making trips back and forth to the hotel to check on me. I was disappointed for sure. Wednesday we drove home and I plopped in my chair for the rest of the week. Crazy.  I'm just thankful I wasn't horribly sick, considering all the flu that's out there now. 
 
But I'm back at it! Tell me all about what you've been up to! I'm so out of the loop!
 
For more about CHA check out Suzy's blog.  For more reviews of the show and picture of booths and projects Google CHA Winter Show Review and you'll find a wealth of info!

Edited to add: Roseann's review of CHA here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a teen and that was a long time ago. We hit Disneyworld on a regular basis.

I am knee deep in the Scrappy Trip Along. It is fun, fun, fun!

5:21 AM  
Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Glad you are feeling better! Sewing flannel jammies here in MN, we're subzero this weekend so it seems appropriate.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Suzy-Homemaker said...

So sad I missed you at the show. Thanks so much for the link, I'm glad you're feeling better. Lets see each other soon please and not wait for Portland

8:23 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

So many great things to ruminate over here--except for your dang flu attack! Pooh on that.

I love the zipper treatment on that purse!

12:06 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So glad you seem to have escaped full blown flu! And thanks for all new inspiration, I may have to get a die cutter...Katy (imagingermonkey) is on about them too!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Glad you are feeling better! It was fun to hear about the show too! I've been sewing with your fabric today... Love it so much!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I'm having issues with seeing photos today. I'll have to check your trip later but I loved the text. Glad you are better. Watch out for Disney poles. Allison licked one and got hand foot and mouth disease there. Seriously, that place is full of kid germs.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Hi Pam

Oh my gosh, we were at Disney on the Tuesday. I'm sorry now I couldn't keep in touch while travelling otherwise we might of had 5 minutes to meet up. I love the teacups also. All of fantasyland is my favourite.....

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older