Friday, May 15, 2015

Snapshots Month 5

Hi hi good morning!!  Rev up your Alphabitties, it's May 15 and that means it's time for this months Snapshots Block, Kindred Kitchen!  I think this apron block just might be my favorite block, so far anyway! 

Snapshots apron
 
Do you wear an apron?  Growing up my mom always had an apron on, usually one that had long ties that criss crossed in the back or that tied around the neck.. classic fifties style aprons that all the neighborhood moms wore.  I didn't own an apron again for many years, but now I use one around the kitchen for cleaning up and cooking, you know, the job that aprons do best! 
 
Snapshots apron2
 
This apron reminds me of my mom's aprons growing up, it's cute right?  And this Snapshots quilt is all about memories and so it's absolutely perfect! I used my cute Pam Kitty Garden Birdies in aqua and the Gingham Rings in navy, with picnic plaid for the pocket.   Every apron needs a pocket! 

snapshots apron3
 
Head over to the Jolly Jabber to get your pdf for this cute block! Kimberly has a great video to show you how to make it, just head over here to the Fat Quarter Shop you tube channel to see it. Then download your block and get busy stitching.  We're also hoping you'll donate $5 a pattern to the St. Jude's Research Hospital, it's a great cause!
 
I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks on Facebook and Instagram!   Be sure and tag them with #fqssnapshots and #fqsfun so we can all see them!   You can also join the Facebook group and post them there! 
 
Ok, today I'm in Minneapolis at Quilt Market!  It's the first day and I am looking forward to seeing all the new things!
 
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Your apron block is so beautiful!! Done in my favorite birdie fabric too! Enjoy Quilt Market!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I love your apron block!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Very cute. I still wear aprons.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older