Thursday, January 15, 2015

Snapshots Month 1

Good morning! Welcome to  my Snapshots post for January!  I'm so excited to be stitching along with the Fat Quarter Shop on this cute quilt, and I hope you will join us!  It's a great quilt AND  a great cause. For a quick recap, the Snapshots quilt blocks capture happy moments in our lives. The patterns are free, but we hope you'll donate $5 a pattern to the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.   Each month on the 15th, there will be a new block pattern and video tutorial to help you make your block! 

snapshotsqk-850[1]
 
Block one is the Let them Eat Cake block! Here's my fabric selections for the block, I'm using my Pam Kitty Garden fabric, and using LakeHouse LH07013 WOW dots for the background.

Block 1

Of course I'm using my Alphabitties to keep me organized.

block1

The cake is super sweet, low calorie too! 

b1
 
Here's the details again:
 
I love how my block turned out! Can't wait to see everyone else's and to start stitching on my next block!  Have a great day everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love your block. Hope mine looks half as sweet.

5:52 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Your cake block looks yummy!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Amazing cake block!!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This block came out on my BIRTHDAY, how perfect! I was resisting, but who can really resist a NO calorie Birthday Cake? I like that I can use my Stash to make it.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What a great block to start out with. Love those WOW dots!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older