Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pinterest

Yesterday I was taking care of some odds and ends and some how ended up on Pinterest.  I confess to being totally captivated by a lot of the wonderful photography out there.  And the styling! Sometimes the photos are better than what you 'd see in a magazine. Anyway yesterday this photo of a goose tracks block caught my eye.   I wonder if those blocks eventually become something, there's some circles there, I'm sure there's going to be some fantastic applique involved.  Anyway, I  was thinking about that photo all day. 


goose tracks
 
So I made a goose track block.  I like it. It was fun.  But now that I go back and look at the original and really pay attention, I notice that the proportions are different, the center isn't the same size as the corner squares, and the whole block appears to float on the background. I believe it's a hand pieced block.. not sure.  Lovely though. Everything about the picture has me wondering about what happened to the blocks.  If you have the time head over to the Pink Caramel blog and page through it.  Really wonderful.
 
Ok, I'm off for a few days. I will probably be instagramming, in case you want to keep up with me. It will be fun to get away and see some new sights for a few days.  Most of all I'm excited to catch up with Roseann!  She mostly posts on Facebook, and you can catch her here.  She's really good about posting photos of interesting things.
 
See you next week! xo

5 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

i love your block -- it is so stinkin' cute. i have visited pink carmel and her beautiful projects. sadly, she is difficult to understand, even in translation. i've never seen her post a pattern or where you can find them. she is just not willing to share like so many of you do so freely. cheers!

8:42 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I like your block better! It's ok that it isn't an exact match, and hers doesn't have strawberry tape! Enjoy your time away.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I too just love your block. That bird print is one of my favorite in your new fabric line.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

IT is darling. That little birdie umbrella print is the bomb.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jayne Honnold said...

I am a Pinterest junkie myself, but I missed that great picture! Thanks for directing us to the Pink Caramel site - she does some fantastic work!! I agree that it is all hand done, and while your block differs from hers, yours is quite lovely, and would be a fantastic start to a full-size quilt. ;)

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older