Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday


Good morning!  How was your Christmas?  I hope it was wonderful. Bret is back to work today, and I'm back to the sewing machine and maybe some clean up.  Maybe

pincushion
 
Isn't this the cutest little pincushion and tea towel?  It's from Elizabeth of course, you can recognize her style form a mile away, right?  I love all those sweet embroidered covered buttons, but that's not all that's inside that cute jar, there's vintage trim and millenary and some vintage plastic buttons that are wonderful.  The towel is also trimmed with some pretty cotton crochet lace! I don't even know where you find such pretty lace anymore. 


baby criss cross
 
One of the highlights of last week was meeting my little grand nephew Zachary.  He's 3 months old now and couldn't be cuter.  I haven't seen my niece in quite a few years so it was wonderful to see her, meet her husband and smooch on her little baby!  Of course I was inspired to make a quilt for him, so I started a small Criss Cross on Saturday.  My blocks are done, just need to stitch them all together.   It felt good to be back at the machine. 
 
Are you cleaning up the aftermath today? Or are you already done? Tell me everything!

8 Comments:

Blogger circle r motel said...

We three had the flu starting Christmas Eve. Today finally feeling 100%. Daughter goes home today then comes back on Wednesday. She's unemployed so getting to spend a little extra time together this Christmas season. Finished my snowman wall hanging from Lori Holt's Instagram postings - and its hanging. Now, back to working on my "fancy foxes"... Is the rain over?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

That pin cushion would be perfect for traveling!

7:22 AM  
Blogger marilyn said...

New to your blog....although I have heard of PKM for a long time being a quilter! Your blog is so bright and cheery and I love Scotty Dogs. We had a great Christmas and it is all put away until next year. Time for some organization in the sewing room. Formally know as "son's room". And he still has alot of "stuff" in there. Happy New Year!

8:25 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Christmas is still mostly up. I usually leave until the NY and especially this year when I didn't get much up until the 22nd! Today I am off to the sewing room to finish a late gift and then a baby quilt thats been hanging on the design wall for weeks. I just need to add the sashing and quilt it.

1:58 PM  
Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

You always have such cute stuff to share! I finished the last of my gifts for a late celebration and the tree is coming down...time to clean up here too!

9:25 PM  
Blogger elizabeth ann clawson said...

Oooooo I am loving that letter P!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything so sweet and cute!!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Super darling. Elizabeth's stuff is always perfect.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older