Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday

Hello Friday.   Have you had one of those days?  Yesterday started out cozy and then turned into a bit of a mess. Including the big glass cover over my entry light fixture fell  10 feet to CRASH onto smithereens all over the entryway, living room and into the family room.  And when I say smithereens I am not even exaggerating. Anyway, thank goodness Peep wasn't sitting right at the edge of the entry like she normally does, waiting for Bret. 

coffee
 
I also did some sewing.  Not much luck on that front either.  I was putting some blocks together into rows and every block I stitched for the first row was facing the wrong direction.  Stitch one block to another, pick it out. Repeat.  Finally I finished the whole row breathed a sigh of relief and gave it at good pressing. And that's when my iron turned against me and dripped icky brown  water all over the white setting block.  JINXED. 
 
I'm not even going to talk about the dog.
 
So it's Friday! Yay!  We're closing in on Christmas week now!  Are you ready?  I hope you all have a good weekend! xo 

7 Comments:

Blogger magistra said...

I'm so glad that none of you were hurt by that glass! That could have been very bad. But thank goodness it wasn't. And thanks for sharing your little "upsets" in sewing. It makes me feel a lot better that people I admire can have their mistakes too :) magistra13 at yahoo dot com
Beth

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denise Swanson is from the town I live in. She comes to the local drug store to sign her books when she has a new one come out. Have a Merry Christmas. Love your blog! Laura V.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed. I laundered my phone the other day. Then I had to hurriedly run my hubs to the doctor yesterday. Get in the car and click-click-click! Solenoid or starter went out. Yikes!!! I'm glad no one was hurt from the glass!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

On our way to Livermore now,. Traffic good but the ticket I got coming down the Grapevine got my Christmas spirit for a 100 miles or so...sigh. I did wish officer Merry Christmas but I hate radar...lol.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Well that is the grinch for sure! Yikes! Very glad no one was injured! Glass is a tough one and hard to clean up. Bummer!! I have had a few missteps this week including showing up to a get together a day early. Well that was a big waste of washing my hair! Take care and let's hope we all survive till Christmas! and beyond! xo Pam in Chico

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Love how your mug coordinates with the book cover.

Shattered glass is the worst to find. Be carful for the next few weeks it will suddenly reappear like magic.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Oh Pam, what a mess! So thankful no one was hurt. What a job cleaning up and your sewing part of the day - yes I can relate totally.
This calls for a coffee break for sure and a sweet bun to go with it after all of that!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older