Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Morning

Howdy hi! How are you?  Was the weekend good?  We had a typical fall weekend in the mid '80s here in Northern California.  The mornings and evenings are cool, but the days are warm. As long as it doesn't get hotter I guess I'm on board. I have seen people posting about snow already, so I guess I have zero room for complaint.  Not that that's stopped me before..


FArmers Market Bag
 
The proof is in the pudding and here you go, the bag is done.  It's very easy in spite of the complicated looks of it.  Honestly you should give it a try, and not just because it's my pattern, which you can find here.  I'd say the hardest part of it is deciding the fabric.  I use buckram and fusible fleece on the outside of the bag, and interfacing on the lining to give it some body.  It's big too.  You can cram all kinds of stuff inside. You can make your own handles, but I like using those wonderful faux leather dot handles from Inazuma.  And people, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't get asked about my purse.  And not just by women.  Ask Holly, I've been stopped by men at the  La Boulange in Novato asking about it. 
 
Anyway, enough of me waxing poetic about my bag.  I love it.  Enough said about that.  It's all Pam Kitty Picnic except the lining which is from Pam Kitty Love. 
 
Ok, tell me how the weekend went. I need to know these things. xo

7 Comments:

Blogger ferne said...

For my weekend, since I now get Saturdays off I sewed all day on a runner for myself with my Christmas colors of burgundy and gold with a little green thrown in. It was a fun day and made going to work Sunday much more tolerable (except it was cold in the morning so I wore jeans and was really hot in the afternoon up here in Redding). Today I am off to work and taking shorts to change into, I am ready for fall! and yes I am complaining a little about the heat...

7:26 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Well you got it done. I'm clapping. Because it turned out so cute. The handles are a great touch. It is perfect, really. WHew. one more thing out of the way.

7:58 AM  
Blogger TheRedOx said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

It's an adorable little bag PKM. If this were instagram, I'd give you a whole line of those little clapping hands!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Love the bag. No sewing for me this weekend. I was canning apple pie filling. They were apples from my own tree. Yum!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Cutest. Bag. Ever!!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Sherry Smart said...

I love this bag! Do you have a source for the handles?

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older