Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Wednesday

Hi there sweet peoples... how are you?  Been busy around here, as usual, but nothing seems all that exciting.  I've been making the tablecloths for the booth, not hard by any stretch of the imagination. What is hard? Man handling (or is that Pam handling?) the fusible interfacing needed to make them nice and crisp. Today I plan on finishing those up. It won't be long.


coffee

Monday I had some plans that fell through, so I confess to spending some time reading during the day. I've always felt like reading was one of the pleasures that you indulged in during your 'off time', like not during the day when you should be doing 'work'. Lamest thing ever right? But I'm old and set in my ways, and reading during the day seems like a forbidden pleasure.  This series of books, The Inspector Gamache mysteries by Louise Penny,  are probably the best books I've read in a long time.  So if you like mysteries and involved stories with wonderful characters this might be the series for you.  

Ok back on track now. I picked up my last shipping samples from Holly yesterday. Yay.. now back on track today. What's on your agenda?

10 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh I love Louise Penny's books too. They are so well written and the characters so very complex. I always want to go to The town, find the cafe and sit and watch and listen.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

I love to read. Thanks for the recommedation.

There's a PKM siting on Helen Phillipps' site. How exciting!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I also think it is indulgent to read during the day, so silly! But, once I start a Louise Penny there is not stopping me. Her books are so good.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Barb Neiwert said...

I spent the wee hours of the morning cleaning up my sewing room. Then I made a list of projects. Then I sat them in a row, so I will know which one to do next. I seem to have developed quite a backlog of projects! I'm glad you take time to read - it's good for the soul!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Teresa S. said...

I haven't read Louise Penny, but I just placed one of her books on hold at my local library. I love mysteries and am always on the lookout for an author with a series I haven't read. Thanks for the recommendation!
tstanulis@mac.com

7:23 AM  
Blogger Debbie Johnson said...

I just bought her first book on my Kindle...Thanks for the recommendation! I too am old school that way about doing work during the day. It is a naughty pleasure that I read during "work" hours on rare occasion. Glad to read you are a bit naughty too!
Hugs,
Debbie

7:43 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I just logged onto our local library system and requested the first book in the series. Thanks for the recommendation. I love to sit and read during the day but that usually lasts only until I get sleepy. I love to go out to a cafe and read and drink coffee.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kindred Quilts said...

Thanks for the tip on the Louise Penny books. I do sometimes feel guilty about reading a good book during the day... and spending time in my sewing room suffers if I'm involved with a page-turner, so that makes me sad...

12:26 PM  
Blogger imquilternity said...

I'm 2 out of 17 on the hold list for that book from our local library. I've read the entire series and absolutely love it, love it, love it. You may like the Commissario Brunetti series by Donna Leon too - it's just as good, I think.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

If Louise Penny is as good as the comments says she is, I better NOT get her books until it's cold and I want to stay snuggled under a comfy quilt all day! Once I start reading it is MOST difficult for me to set a book down! I had to get a new computer so have been AWOL from all my favorite bloggers for a few weeks, so I had to play catch up--how cool that you have the same mug in different colors! I always look forward to seeing what your mug is!Where can I find the pattern for that basket quilt? I just fell in love with it. It WOULD look adorable in PK fabrics!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older