Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Madness

How was your weekend?  Mine was great, I got a lot done. Those are words you don't normally hear from me!  I have to say all the sunshine and the longer days really agree with me.  I got a lot of sewing done! I'm really happy about how this quilt turned out.  It's so bright and cheerful. The pattern is from Elizabeth's book The ABC's of Words on Quilts.


Hugs and Kisses

I love blanket stitching on my machine.  I could sit for hours just humming along with some good crime tv going on in the background. You can see we had a nice sunny weekend here.  Spring in California.  I'm enjoying it because soon enough it will be scorching and I'll be complaining.

noisy neighbor
 
Yesterday while I was out back this crow would not stop his yelling at me.  THE WHOLE TIME. He's quite far away in the top of my neighbors gigantic oak tree but O. M. G. was he loud.  And pretty annoying.

Hummingbird
 
What's not annoying is my sweet little hummingbird.  She let me come quite close and take a million pictures.  I think by now there must be eggs in there, she's on the nest quite a bit.  I was looking back on last year, and its so much earlier. 
 
It's March Madness time! No, not the basketball, the Fabric!  If you are so inclined, a vote for PKM would so nice and very appreciated!  There's so many great fabrics to choose from.  If you'd like to check it out, here's the link!  It's exciting just to be nominated!
 
Ok, off to the studio! I'm super excited about what we're working on! Quilt Market is right around the corner!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ophelia said...

A hummingbird nesting on a lightbulb - it's so cool. We don't have hummingbirds in Austria. And neither do we have spring - yet. It's snowing again. And they said on the radio it's never been so cold in the end of March ever. Below zero Celsius all day.

Your quilt is so pretty and the colours really are brightening my day!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Lizziebeth said...

Love your quilt, I've bought your fabric from Shabby Fabrics but I've only made 2 blocks with it. May I ask what machine you do your blanket stitch with?

6:55 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I voted, so naturally, you're going to win LOL! Love that cute quilt top!

7:18 AM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

You get my vote!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Look at all that progress! I'm feeling the pleasant effects of a California Spring too. Now to get all the ideas out of the head on into fabric.

Off to vote!

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Your quilt is sooo sweet! And the pink border was a perfect choice. Good luck in the March Madness!

1:37 PM  
Blogger jan said...

The heart quilt is sew adorable and sweet! Already voted! Good luck!!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

I'll hop on over & vote too. Lovely quilt you made (as usual) my friend!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

yours is the best of the best! I mean it

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older