Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday

So how did the weekend work out? Are you feeling that hour? Well I know you aren't Arizona peeps. Try not to rub our faces in it ok?  It was a great weekend here though! I didn't sew a stitch, but I did cut out the last two rows of the row along, the baskets and the tulips.  Here's proof of tulips!

proof
 
We had a fun day Saturday. Elizabeth had some  coveted-by-me treasures she was parting with, so Bret and I took the pick-up over to her dad's  and loaded them up.  We had a bit of a Beverly Hillbillies trip home , but I'm pleased to say all the goods are here and safe! Once here, I got out the jaws of life and some Pam Spray and wedged it all into the house.  PERFECTION. 
 
Among the things I brought back was a bag of goodies from CHRISTMAS. Yes, I'm embarrassed to say my Christmas present was sitting at her dad's house and I FORGOT ABOUT IT.  I'm a lame friend.  No excuseS, even though I have some prepared.  Anyway, how adorable are these?  That glasses case has a hidden magnet and I'm just dying over how nice and firm it is.  I have no idea how it's made but GENIUS.
 
Surprize from Elizabeth
 
Of course I love the darling notebook cover and the cute measuring spoons.  There were other treats in the bag that all were color coordinated but these fit so nicely on the little table. It was a very happy package and it was a fun treat out of the blue. I'm lucky to have such a clever friend in Elizabeth!
 
Best of all it was sunny and nice, very springy. My car decided to taunt me and yesterday when I headed to the market around 4pm it said it was ONE HUNDRED DEGREES! I guess it was my cars way of saying count my blessings for the lovely spring weather. AND I WILL! 
 
Have a wonderful week my friends! Tell me what you're up to! xo
 
 

10 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I had a glorious weekend filled with shopping, cooking and sewing with some PKL. I swear I never intend to choose PK, but as I walk about the store looking for the purrfect fabric for my project PK shouts Choose Me! Choose Me! (It always seems to be just the right color and look, why is that)? (Because you are so smart and clever, that's why). My happy tank is full and now I'm ready to take on the week. Have a good one.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous martha said...

Love all your presents, particularly the measuring spoons. Any idea where they're from?

6:18 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

no neaner neaners from this Arizona girl. And I SO LOVE those measuring spoons. Where did she get them?

6:41 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What darling presents! Christmas presents in March...maybe that's the start of something.

That lost hour seems to be more of a problem today than yesterday. Must drink more coffee.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Such wonderful presents! And I can't wait to see your finished row quilt!

Ps if there is a pattern for the gasses case I'd love to know where to find it!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Any way you could talk Elizabeth into sharing how the glasses case was made? It is adorable! Or if she has a pattern for sale, where can I get one?
Can't wait to see your finished rows. The sewing sure goes faster than the cutting, so you'll be done in no time.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Can't wait to see your Row Along rows. You are one of my favorite designers and I marvel at your sense of color and design. Very inspiring!

Cheery wave from
Bev

9:37 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The Elizabeth stuff is KILLER. Really amazing. I am in love with that stuff.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I love all of you red gifts! Im a red girl!!! My week is going to be spent at camp with my students, two nights on a farm in an Australian summer heat wave....Joy!! Enjoy your week, Cathyx

9:07 PM  
Blogger Nancy B said...

Such lovely gifts from your friend. Do you happen to know of an easy way to make notebook covers? That one is adorable. I tried to make one once, but gave up. :( Any help is appreciated.

Happy Sewing!
Nancy

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older