Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hitting the road

I thought it was the end but its not. This is. Check the car, holy cow it was crammed.


The morning found us gazing out the window on to a rainy day.

I wonder what the tourists from the cruise ship you can barely see here will do. How we missed this coming under the bridge I don't know.
Good bye Pig'n Pancake, I hope to see you again.
Good by Tsunami Hazard signs. I never got a good photo of you the whole trip.
Then there was this.
And this.
And even this.
For freaking ages people.
Finally something else too look at.
And then you can almost see that's California right around the bend.


Good by Oregon. You were great. I'll miss you and your trees and rain and wonderful peoples.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sinta Renee said...

Thanks for your tour of Oregon as well as the photos of Spring Market. I have been following your adventures and wishing I was there. (Former Oregonian)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

My mommy's in Oregon and you've got me missing her.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I used to live there. That Pig in a pancake sign caught my attention!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Aw, its all a memory now. But what a memory!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oregon expresses its thanks by showering us with bug confetti.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jona Giammalva said...

You can afford gas?? Wow! You must be rich!! LOL!

Oh I do love that Pig n' Pancake! I used to go there all the time when I was a kid (way back in the 70's!) and I still stop in whenever I'm in Seaside. Beautiful tour!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great travelogue! I didn't even have to go sit in a cramped high school auditorium to enjoy this trip!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I could make it to Oregon; it's a long ride but some of the trees look fun to look at for hours. However I would be afraid of the fog. For those who don't know when I was little I was at a friend’s house on hallow-stupid-een,
I saw the movie The Fog (1984 version). Terrifying! Pirates roll out of the fog and eat people, and I’m not okay with cannibalism, so the entire trip I would think the pirates were after us to eat us.

Another ridiculous fact to add: I have an irrational fear of floods, so what do I do? Move near the beach that is apparently full of wet water that cerates fog. Brilliant idea on my part. Anywho even though I did not get to go, I got some cool Oregon gifts. Because my mom loves me.
Hi to my moms crew!
XO

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice of ODOT to put that sign up for you. I hope you follow instructions... and COME BACK SOON! With Frankie next time. We'll turn the fog machines off for her.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older