Friday, June 06, 2008

Back at the ranch

Getting home is good too. Frankie came home over night to say hi and get her hair done. She's chopped it off! Sassy! Binzer came too. She rides in her purse and then has a little vacation home here. She's out loose in the backyard, and I think she'd take good care of our dandelion problem. She sure is getting big.
Here's the haul from the trip. This is all my stuff from Anna Lena's. Isn't it yummy? I'm on a pink and red thing lately. I also got that tiny wedge ruler, thinking of Amy. I wonder if you could actually make tiny little blocks with it. That's what I was thinking. Or maybe it was all the coffee and fudge thinking for me.
I also got Karen's new book! Autographed of course. You can see she says I'm always welcome at the troll house. I might have to test that out.

This is the latest book by Amy Barickman, of Indygo Junction and Vintage Workshop fame. I picked this up at sample spree along with a bracelet kit. Just need to score some of that amazing glue now.

Ahh my Lecien bundle of happiness. It's Minny Muu. The warm side of the line.

I can't bare to take it out of the plastic. Its so cheery. Elizabeth and I are thinking we might do something fun with this. Of course again, the fudge could have been talking.


This is the bag of Cottage Romance. I really love this line. Maybe it was this we were thinking about. We thought about so many things, we should have kept better notes.

This is my favorite fabric out of the line. I love LOVE LOVE tiny print background pieces.

Here's a super fun gift from Tammy Tadd. Tammy is one of the sweetest most generous people around. I'm rocking the kitty purse Tammy!!! And making a note about it in the Kitty Date Book!
Here's my signed copy of Darlene's new book. I love Darlene's work and am always excited to see her at quilt market.
This is a great new book by friends of Monica and Karen. They went to a retreat in Montana at their shop.
It's like a topsy turvy doll, you flip it over and its a whole new book. Really cute projects, and super for shops for kitting up quilt projects. There is the cutest table runner in there, it looks like Hostess Cupcakes.
And of course no quilt market is complete without purchasing a pair of Dovo scissors. I have a ton of them, and they're all great. This pair will replace the ones that I've been using two years. I've been careless with them and they have plunged to the floor too many times. They're so sharp and pointy they stick right into the hardwood, and consequently they have a burr. Last year's pair is an anniversary edition.. so I'm 'saving' them. I know its a sickness.

I can't tell you how many wonderful cupcake things we saw. This cupcake by Cindy Taylor Oates is so cute you could eat it. Her book is adorable and again perfect for kits or make and takes or fun girls day out projects.
Market was great fun. I can't thank Elizabeth enough for continuing to include me in!!!! It was super seeing old friends, making new friends and having a fun time!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, goooodies! You brought home such pretty things! The Minny Muu is adorable! And, heck, yeah, you cut yourself some wedges with that ruler! Um, watch your fingers (I was using a Marti Michell mini wedge today--all of 2 1/2" tall). I had to be vrrrrry careful (not too much coffee, not too little coffee). Thanx for showing us the trip booty!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I want that Let them Eat Cake book for my neighbor, the cupcake baker and sometimes quilter. I tried to order it online but their ordering is not working today. I'll try later. Good find. Well all of your finds are good, Pam. I wish I had a piece of that fudge about now.

10:49 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Oh gosh Pam. Almost too much cuteness for my eyes to bear at once!! You always make me want to get dressed and go shopping. lol!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Looks like you really had fun. I am enjoying your blog, and love your new fabrics, especially the Cottage line from Maywood.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

You sure did come back with some great goods! Pink and Red are classic.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Question-can anyone go to quilt market or do you need to know someone? I really love reading these posts and would so love to go to market someday.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Market IS great fun and I'd never be able to do it all without you!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a huge load of loot from Market!!! What fun it must have been and what great pleasure you will have making wonderful things!

10:27 PM  
Blogger  Brigitte said...

Oh I love the bag with the 52 FQ.

What a nice blog!

Greetings from Austria
Brigitte

11:43 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Darn you, now I need to go do some on line shopping again. LOL!!! I want that button book!! And of course Darlene's new book too. And......the fabrics and.....OH STOP IT!

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kitty is in very good hands I see! Glad you are enjoying her. See ya soon!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true. It's really true. The trip is over and you're back home. As long as you were posting about the trip, it was like you were still here. And now it's really over. And I cry. I was so overcome I had to bust into my Minny Muu that you helped me score.

Love Frankie Berry's new do!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, so many things to comment on! What a great haul you made, and that Minny Muu fabric is fantastic. Frankie looks so cute, and I want all those books asap.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older