Wednesday, June 04, 2008

More!

The town of Astoria is just darling. I could drive up and down the streets all day. I mean Livermore isn't half as cute and I still drive around downtown looking at the old houses and the things people are doing to them. I love the kinds of lush gardening you can get going on in a coastal town. I know I'd crack under the pressure of little or no real sun but people, it's all about the fantasy. And who needs sunny days when you can pass your time with the likes of Moncia!
I know Brenda would have cracked under the pressure but I paid an extra $7 to have a river view here at the Holiday Inn. Non-stop Astoria-Megler bridge right outside our window. It was worth every penny.
Nothing tastes better than breakfast at the Pig'N Pancake. Good coffee, good pancakes, good friends.
Here we go over the bridge. The tide was way out and you could see the Desdemona Sands.

We stopped by to visit Karen at her studio. Holy Cow people. What a place. I took a million blurry photos it was so exciting. Karen loves orange and aqua. Nothing says comfy like this chair!

Here's Karen showing me how to work her Elna.
And her troll house. The roof is pointy so they don't have to take their hats off. I love that.
Cranberry bogs.
Loot from Anna Lena's. Yummy huh? Not as tasty as the fudge!

The shop. Gee, could I have gotten a crummier photo? Don't think so.

You can drive on the beach in Long Beach Washington, but don't park there!


More cozy homes.

Off to Moncia's, turn right after the goat.


Watch out for traffic congestion.


You're here!

Moncia has tons better photos on her blog, so check there. Mine were just too blurry, because well, it was so exciting to look at every little bit. These are bits that I didn't see on her blog.
More bridge. This little sail boat dilly dallied its way under the bridge, dropped it's sail and then changed to another one.

This tug just came back from taking a barge out to the ocean. So. Very. Cool.

I can't believe I didn't get a photo of the wonderful Mexican restaurant we ate at TWICE.. or pictures of ourselves with Moncia. I had the best time and really wish it wasn't a million miles between our town and Moncia. Because I would so be there later this week.



15 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

What a trip! Karen's studio is incredible. I need that orange chair, but I would just pile fabric on it.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

What a nice side trip home from Quilt Market. Two lovely homes and a shop in one beautiful city. I thought my office/studio had my fabric so neatly on my shelves until I saw that picture. Hers is absolutely perfectly lined up. Very nice. And Monica's! She couldn't do anything that wasn't my taste and something I would love. Fun fun. Thanks for the trip.

9:56 AM  
Blogger atet said...

What a wonderful trip to take -- I can't wait to see all the goodies you brought back :0). I mean, there are goodies right?

10:45 AM  
Blogger tina said...

Thanks so much for the 'trip', I really enjoyed it!!!!

I never found the glitter in the whole Oregon thing b/c my ex (nasty man) lives there. See, one just shouldn't be so hasty!!! :)

Where are we going next?????

11:54 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Oh, Pam! You are making me very homesick for Astoria. We visited there a few years back. Our motel was right under the bridge. I mean right under it!!! All night long I kept listening for cars to fall off of it. Course, they never did. That bridge even made hubby nervous. He climbed up the tower but I only got about ten steps up and then crawled back down. Astoria is a great town. We drove over the bridge into Long Beach and went to Anna Lena's. I'm sure they are still talking about the woman, "Fudge AND Fabric! Woo Hoo!" Great memories!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my fantasy life - that little yellow house is mine, and my neighbors on each side of me are you and E.

And get this! After you turn right after the goat... right before you hit all the congestion, there are two new baby cows at the house Karen dreams of fixing up. BABY COWS! So stinkin' cute, but REALLY... the mama should have birthed them BEFORE you guys left back for Crispymore.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Aww, gee...we missed baby cows?? So not fair! We need to go right back and pick out our cottages.
I think we can handle all that congestion, don't you?

And notice I did NOT discuss MY antique shop choices. Since clearly I suck at picking out antique shops.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Di~ said...

Pam you are still cracking me up! I want to come drive around (and shop and take blurry pix) with you and E and M. Maybe I can get Nanette to come get me then we could meet up with you ladies for a week in Astoria. (I'm serious!)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun in Astoria! My husband and I once did a road trip from the Bay Area up the 1 (coastal scenic drive) all the way to Seattle. We loved stopping in Astoria for some sight seeing. It looked like such a sweet charming town. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to get there again to really have a good look around. :-)

2:24 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Okay. . . after seeing your photos, I might have been able to get over the bridge (but not driving. . . & with my eyes covered. . . for the tall part at least. . . ). But, staying under it! A.b.s.o.l.u.t.l.y n.o.t. I would have begged Monica to let me sleep in her bathtub instead. (& I bet it's cute too - just like the rest of her house!)
Fun pics! Thanks for sharing PKM!
xo, Bren

4:05 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

LOVE that orange chair. I'm totally inspired. I've been looking for a big old wood hutch for our dining room. (This part was inspired by Jen Duncan) and I'm going to paint it a bright crackly orange when I get it now!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Bristol said...

Whata wonderful trip. Loved visitng your site. that little troll house is so very cute.
Bristol

7:59 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Pig N Pancake looks yummy. Now I want some!! Love that orange chair,it looked very comfy indeed.
Great pics of the trip.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older