Monday, May 26, 2008

Sample Spree

Monica has some crazy pictures about sample spree over at her blog, so you should check it out. Ignore those rumors about me. Seriously, I'm the picture of decorum.

I have no idea what's in this box but let me tell you, there's a lot of stuff that gets moved up into that Sample Spree Ballroom. As usual we had safe legal passage into the room, thanks to Brenda.


Brenda hand dyes some beautiful wool. This is my only clear picture, all others are slightly blurry and you can't see just how lovely it all is. The colors are so pretty. I could eat them. But I won't.


Here is Kathy and one of her crew, Sandra. I'll be talking more about Kathy in another post.


Here are our old neighbors Sherri and Paul from This and That. Super nice. Their beautiful Minnesota home was featured in a recent American Patchwork and Quilting issue. Wow is all I can say. (And let me add they beat us out the door again!)


Here's Vicki Bellino from Bloom Creek. Her quilts are so pretty. She also treated us to a little bloggy shophopping lately, so check it out!


I'm dying over the darling outfits the girls from the Threaded Pear were wearing. The dress version is super cute and way more me.. being denim and all.


Everyone had done some cute work on the front as well. I cropped this because the picture wasn't flattering (and you can trust me to not show an unflattering picture) , but I had to show the darling design. Each of them had a little something different. I apologize for the lack of names here.. no badges to read!


One of these bags of fabric goodness is mine! We fell in love with the new line Cottage Romance by WillowBerry Lane with Maywood Studios. We weren't the only one believe me.. this seems to be what a lot of designers were buying. Even people who design their own fabric lined up with us. Everyone was going NUTS over the scallop stripe but I was CRAZY for the Sprigs.. you know my love a printed background.


Last but surely not least are the girls from Mary's Cottage Quilts. Mary was all over the place and we didn't see her during Sample spree. She's got some great people with her!


It was a great time. More of my stuff later..

10 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

Hi Pam! Thanks for the wool love. . .( it reminds me that I need to get back to filling some market orders!) Wow. . . it seems like sample spree was months ago. . . already.

I am drooling over the new Willowberry line photo. . . & I can't believe I missed it at spree. . . But. . . I'm even willing to pay full retail just to get my own little bundle! Love it!

It was so good to see you again. . . & keep me informed about your kitty, coffee cup & glasses little project. . . (You know it would be a hit!!! . . a great big hit!)
xo, Bren

7:18 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Pam: It looks like you had such a great time. Thank you so much for sharing all the pictures. I found designers that are new to me and I will certainly be visiting (meaning buying from) them.

Take care and have a safe Memorial Day.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It all seems like so long ago! Thank goodness I got a roll of the wool...and a bag of the fabric. Now to get ahold of yardage. You know..the scallop stripe.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the Sample Spree photos. I too liked the clothes Gina's gals were wearing. Sooooo adorable!!
That new Maywood line, gotta have!!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cottage Romance and that wool looks delicious. I love those colors. The Cottage Romance reminds me just slightly of the fabric like that Barbara Brandeburg put out a few years ago crossed with Paris Bebe. Maybe, maybe not? I will need to get me some of that when it comes out.

10:39 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

I just can't get enough of all of these market photos! Those girls outfits were very cute - and how nice of you to not post a unflattering photo.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh what I would give to get my hands on some bundles that have not yet been released! I am so jealous. That Maywood line is a must have, for sure.
Great pictures and post!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Miss Tina said...

Hey, thats me in the overall dress....thanks for the nice compliment....it was so fun to embellish the overalls. I like dresses, so I cut the leg seams out and the legs were so bug I just made a seam and made a dress. The back I had to cut up high to make it flat, and made the ruffle, cha cha cha.....love your blog,

10:05 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Who could resist picking up one of those bags!? Not me.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I am psychically stealing everyone's bags of fabric for my own selfish use!! HA HA HA!

(Is it illegal to do that?)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older