Friday, May 02, 2008

Olfa Circle Cutter

My friend Roseann sent me this Olfa Circle Cutter some time ago, and I'm finally getting around to using it. What a fun toy!




There is a learning curve with this tool. Like I need to learn to read the instructions. You don't need to use two hands, it's a one handed operation. And it works great.



It could just be me, but I had some tiny bits of skipping, but over all easily remedied. I'm having a blast with this tool.




This time I'm packing a tiny project to take to market, yoyo making supplies! Ever since I saw that little yoyo mat on Vickie's blog I've been dying to make one. Except the short attention span version. Much smaller. We'll see how it goes. I'm not famous for this kind of thing at all.


Ok peeps.. that's it for today! Happy Happy!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously? I'm going to have to look for one. I love the idea of a yo-yo quilt and my mother-in-law would love me forever if I mad one for her, but I'm in the short-attention span club, too. SASC sisters unite!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have never seen such a thing! I can see all sorts of ways I, personally could go wrong with it, but it would be worth sacrificing a stack of fabric for me to get good at it!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

That looks like a really nifty gadget! Thanks for sharing !!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the best ... thanks for the Circle Cutter plug!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger tina said...

I have one of those gadgets and haven't taken it out of the packaging. I think it needs to age well first, a very important step dontchaknow!

Great idea to take yoyo makin's to market----- by the time you get back you will have a car cover!

I'll be waiting for photos! :)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool tool! Gonna have to find me one. Or mug Roseann.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I just saw one of those at my daughter's a couple of weeks ago...
She loves it for yoyo cutting.
Need.
one.
too.
:)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the circle cutter! I am always wanting to use two hands with it. The Olfa Lady gave one to my co-worker at market when this model first came out. Oooooh, I was greeeeen with envy. Had to come back home and order my own.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have one too and have trouble with skipping but i love it too much.there has to be a way to do it right.maybe freezer paper?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I wonder if it would work to cut wool circles for penny rugs? Might have to try that!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee...there is a trick to this so it won't skip. I saw it at a demo at Pacific International. I even bought the cutter but forgot to right down the hint. I will have to watch the demo again at the next quilt show.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older