Friday, May 09, 2008

Time is on my side

My roses are all in bloom now. In fact almost bloomed out already! The fluctuation in temperatures seems to have confused them.


This is the kind of person I want to be, the kind who has flower arrangements on the patio, like I just stopped there after some gardening. In my Cath Kidston gloves. In that pretty way think other people live their lives.

You know, they say , gee my life seems like chaos, and then you peel back that layer of chaos and find a well ordered life. Sadly, when you peel back the layer of chaos around here, there's just more chaos. I'm not a very good housekeeper. But I really admire those who are. I just don't have it in me. These roses are part of a bunch I got from Alex yesterday. I pulled up at her house to drop off some things I'd sewn for her and she was out front picking roses. She has a beautiful rose garden, and just a lovely home and yard. It's very peaceful to be there.


This weekend we're treating ourselves to a yard clean up. Bret works long hours and I have been busy and we've let the yard go wild. So come Saturday evening, my yard will be free of weeds. We're not good at keeping up, but we'll give it a try.


So Saturday, I will be that person, at least for an evening!


If you want to see something funny, go over to The Quilt Show blog and watch Alex's Lightbulb birthday video on the daily blog. You don't need to belong to watch it, it's hilarious. Part two is here.

16 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Man... you even scoop me on the blooming roses!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, if only my weeds looked good in a vase!

11:33 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

The videos are so funny!. . . the suspense was killing me! :-) Alex has such a great sense of humor. . . over there in the cultural center of Livermore!

I think your roses & plants are beautiful. . . !

11:34 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:34 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:34 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Sorry. . . that was me (doing all the deleting). . . Blogger seems to be napping today. . . really slow!!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Pam - if you are looking to claim any exclusivity about the "messy housekeeper" thing you can forget about it. You'll need to get in line behind me because I've been messy housekeeping for WAY more years than you.

I love those videos. I'm trying to find a way to upload audio files so that I can have a "She Speaks" site. Can anybody help?

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

11:46 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Chaos reigns in my kingdom as well.
Let us raise our goblets and toast our creative-chaotic selves. Cheers!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I think that is one reason I love your blog so much - you are just you. Yeah I admit to liking me some chaos too. Who wouldn't if you had 8 kids? Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking. Anyway yeah my yard needs some sproosing up too. And kitchen and the laundry room. Most of the other stuff is generally ok. I do admire those people who have everything perfect. But ya gotta wonder if it really is. The older I get the more I know life is not perfect and chaos rules.

So yeah, love the post and the roses. Good luck in the yard.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

You clever little girl! You thought you could sneak us a peak at your little Scottys and I wouldn't notice!!! If they ever need a good home or if you need a babysitter for them..........

I have to go now. I want to put a vase of flowers out on the patio! By the way. Those yellow roses are georgeous!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Beautiful! More important things than cleaning your house my friend.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of the interesting, creative people I know have a few layers of chaos in their lives. That's what makes them so interesting! Enjoyed the post.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that silly lightbulb was 100 years old back in 1974 when I graduated from Livermore High School. If I'm 34 years older, how can it be only 7 years older???

Miss seeing you at the shop, Pam.

Sherry H.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

How DO those busy people have those perfect organized lives? I'm happy to hear that at least my chaos on top of chaos is in good company!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Who can have a clean house and quilt at the same time? I admire those who have tidy piles.

Love the scotty do dads!!!!!

xo
Becky

8:03 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I want to be that person too!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older