Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A little vacation

After quilt market Elizabeth and I took a couple of days to relax wandering around Oregon and Washington. First stop after checking out of our lovely hotel was Monticello Antiques. HOLY COW people. Holy cow. I had seen photos of this place on Alicia's blog ages ago and was wowed, but nothing could prepare me for how good this place was. Elizabeth and I both just want to back a trailer up and load it. I have a love for old rusty garden furniture and this place was crammed with it. Wow is just all I can say. Wow. And this is just the back porch.
After that we went to Elizabeth's choices and she can tell you more about them. I'm still wowed by my choice of places. We did lots of wandering through neighborhoods, finding house after perfect little house.. it was a day dreamy day.
After our last stop we headed up through Washington, over the Lewis and Clark Bridge and back to Oregon on our way to Monica's! Yeah, how lucky were we, getting to see Monica in her natural habitat!
Oregon is chock full of miles of this.
Miles and miles.
This is the Astoria-Megler Bridge. I have probably 100 photos of it. You'll be seeing more soon, so prepare yourself.


Monica took us for a long drive. Elizabeth and I really enjoy just driving and looking out the window at pretty houses and neighborhoods and Monica really indulged us.
Now look at that, a funny little in the road stop sign. I had never seen that before. You just drive right over it. Weird. And cool.

Just look how cute the detail is on that little fence. Seriously, my imaginary cottage has that.



More pretty houses with details and trellises.

The view from the hill, over looking the Columbia River. Magnificent.


Monica, driving us. What fun she is. Seriously. We're like peas in a pod.







The Astoria Column.
The house from the Goonies.
Monica's Safeway. I know when she says "I went to the market" I'll know exactly what that looks like.

Ok more photos tomorrow. I know, it sounds a little bit like a threat, doesn't it?

15 Comments:

Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Can I possibly be first here??? OMG!!
We're going to Washington/Oregon in a couple months. I cant wait!! I hear it's beautiful. Hoping to see Miss Monica too.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best field trip ever! You make my ordinary little life so extraordinary. But of course it was extraordinary... you and E were there to share it with me! I had the best time ever - and two peas in a pod for sure!

Glad you don't have a pic of me sobbing when I had to say good-bye to you guys. Oh that would have been way too ugly!

I MISS YOU!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS... when you build your imaginary cottage, and I build my imaginary cottage... can we build them next door to each other? I gladly pay half for the fence. As long as there's a gate with a path to each other's doors. And coffee makers.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

A happy threat... I'll be back for more. Willingly!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog and Monica's are two of my favorites, and I can't stand that you were right here in my town (Astoria) and I didn't get to see you!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

What strikes me is the incredible green. It reminds me of growing up in PA. Not a color you see much where I live now. What a pretty state. I need to go there. I love looking at old homes and details. I'm right with you on these pics.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!!!! The Goonies house!!! HAH! It's a total classic in our house and has randomly been Tivo'd and has remained there for months now.

Such a fun time you guys had... ;)

11:17 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Such pretty houses!. . . .
. . . but that bridge. . . for some reason - it scares the livin' daylights out of me! (I may have to read you blog with my eyes covered for the next few days!)
xo, Bren

1:02 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

This is my kind of trip. What a wonderful finish to quilt market and how smart you are to take the time and go have fun! I look forward to more photos! I LOVE them! Monica is so wonderful and I can imagine how many laughs the three of you had!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go to Oregon! I'm drooling over the photos!!! Love the Goonies house. How long did it take to drive there?

12:46 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Fabulous little tour. Can I admit something? My favorite.....the GOONIE'S HOUSE. I'm gonna go rent the movie right now. I wonder what "Chunk" has done with his life.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

7:24 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh....by the way Pam. You've done an excellent job as my Crappy Commenter. You were slipping there for awhile!

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

7:25 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Waaaah! I wanna go BACK. How about more cheese and onion enchiladas?

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, does that Astoria Column bring back memories! The kids were about 3 and 5 when we climbed up it and I didn't stay up long because my husband kept laughing at me when I was flipping out about the kids getting close to the railing. I was definitely having mommy anxiety over that height (and I didn't do any better when we went to the Grand Canyon about 8 years later).

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jona Giammalva said...

Please tell me you climbed the column! The view is amazing and you can just imagine Lewis and Clark (and gang) coming down the river from there. Did you visit Fort Clatsop?

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older