Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thwarted

So the other day, Elizabeth and I made plans to head over to Niles, she wanted some more crochet trim, she'd used hers all up on her Vintage Christmas ornaments. I went and got her, then, since I needed to head south, I hopped on the freeway thinking we'd go down a few exits and cross over on 84. As usual, 580 West was moving at a brisk pace, with a lot of trucks around us. I noticed some big chunks of tire coming from somewhere ahead but my vision was blocked by a big semi. I moved to the right lane, just minding my own business when across the freeway a big piece of metal comes cartwheeling, in slow motion almost.
Yeah, right till it ground to a halt UNDER MY CAR. Yup, totally crammed. We obviously pulled over and could not pry it out. Luckily the hero of the day Eric, Elizabeth's oldest son, came and pulled it out for us. And not without considerable trouble. There's some damage, so we switched cars and took Bret's over to Niles. Having that 'extra' car now is really paying off. Even ugly hunks of metal can't stop us, we're a force to be reckoned with.

On a lighter note.. I have some projects on my table. Unfortunately, something's missing.

Ok, peeps, I'm off to Michael's today to see that amazing Martha Stewart stuff I've been reading about. Frankie and I are planning a craft fest and I need supplies. Have a wonderful day!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Yikes! I am glad nothing more terrible happened to you all! That incident would have taken all the wind out of my sails for the day.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, Louise, what a bummer. Glad you are both okay : ) Boo hoo, I can only see one out of three pics.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's right. SNOW can't stop us and neither can CHUNKS OF FLYING METAL.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness! I'm just glad you're all okay! Whew!
~Angela :-)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Oh my. That hunk of metal could have caused a very serious accident.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I love hearing about your outings with Elizabeth. They always seem so adventurous and fun. However, this one beats them all in the adventurous department. lol I'm glad you're okay.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are ok! And Eric sounds 10x better then Triple A!

Can't wait to see what you're gonna sew with those yummy fabrics. That is... when that big empty hole gets filled up again.

12:53 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh My! I'm so glad you weren't hurt. I'm not surprised you two chicks didn't let some chunks of metal get in your way of crafty stuff!! :) Eric rocks!!!!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

The East Bay freeways are really scary places to get huge hunks of metal stuck under your car! I'm glad it all worked out.

A craft fest? What kind?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I had something similar happen right before market on rte 80 in Jersey!

car in front of me swerves, I am not quick enough and whammo, giant tire parts rip out the two fog lights and the front under panel of my car.

(last market it was the school bus incident...I really need to be somewhere I don't have to drive!)

I am just glad it didn't go through the windshield.

H2

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older