Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sample Spree and Set up

Set up is really fascinating. The whole convention center looks like a bomb went off, there's quilts and packing material and huge crates and props and just crap everywhere and in the morning the crews have the carpets down and it all looks amazing.
Not having my camera with me on the first day really threw me off. I did take some photos with Elizabeth's camera and she'll be blogging those. So here's Gina's booth over at The Threaded Pear. I had every intention of going back there and somehow never made it. Their booth was darling. They have a lot of cheery patterns, very hip. Like Gina and Stephanie. Jan Lutz, who designs their apron line, has some wonderful patterns as well. They had great samples at Sample Spree. Gina was packing her camera, I hope they documented it.
This is over at Holly's booth, Lakehouse Dry Goods. She's got a bunch of people contributing designs to show off her incredible lines of fabric. She's outdone herself with Cherry Baby and the new colors of her hydrangea line.

Here's the lines out front of sample spree. I'm all about sneaking in but Elizabeth is a big baby when it comes to that. Thankfully we got in legit this time, helping Holly's crew get their stuff upstairs.


My pictures are all over the place aren't they? Feel free to cringe over it. Here's Brenda and her friend Jeree. Jeree totally CRACKS ME UP. Anyway, Brenda had the back of Holly's booth to display her lovely quilts, so head over to her blog and check her photos. She has more booth photos that are so much better than mine.
This is how Holly makes all the cute tags.. one stamp at a time! I just loved how they looked sitting there.
Hmm. Purses.
Here's Gina unloading her batch of quilts for Holly. I love her cute raw edge applique quilts.

Check out that crate. Brenda gave us a ride to dinner one night and took us out back where all the crates are stored. I love knowing more about how things work.

Up at sample spree Brenda and Jean are getting to work setting up. They completely sold out of charm packs. Glad I got mine.
Robin was there with her mom. Her fabrics are so wonderful. She's now got a distributor in NZ!!! She's another famous person we know.
Ok, more pictures coming up. Go check out Elizabeth's blog.. she's got photos too. Ask her about her sweat shop. I hope some of those photos turn out.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mar said...

PAM!! I saw your tag! :-O
Don't tell anyone, I think you're famous for good now! Keep the pictures coming, love seeing it all!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Looks like so much fun!! I'll see you there in Portland right??

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the behind the scenes photos! Neat! And all that yummy fabric. Sigh! ~A :-)

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilt Market looks so much better than the Textile Show! What fun! One day I'll have to attend...somehow!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics! I love your little purse pattern. Can't wait to see more. Chat later ...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

thanks for sharing your fun and shopping at the quilt market! Houston is far from NH! someday maybe I will get there!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I also love getting behind the scenes. What a lot of work goes into these shows!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures, There is a lot of work in setting up, you guys did a great job. It was nice to meet you at Market

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam Kitty...I miss ya already girl! Could you please morph my double chin in the pic of Bren and me to look a little more Jennifer Lopez or someone cute like that! Strip house was too fun. Had fun with those awesome waiters...ya right!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love seeing the behind the scenes too. Love seeing everything and squealed when I saw "Pam Kitty Morning" on your darling bag in Holly's fabs and booth. (oops... no morning)

I'm beaten and bruised from kicking myself... you know why. UGH. UGH. UGH. When I'm done kicking myself, gimme a couple of kicks too, k.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

thanks for the intros Pam, I absolutely adore those two critter quilts behind Barbara in the first picture. Funny stuff happens when I click on Ann's picture! It links me to a quilt shop. Hope to see you soon!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older