Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday Sewing

Finally you say! I've had that purse cut out for days.. so I just put my mind to it and got sewing. Why do I procrastinate so much? I think it turned out quite nicely and Frankie was pleased with it. I'd made this pattern before, its a Simplicity Sewing For Dummies purse pattern. Its beyond easy. And I spent way more time thinking about doing it and putting it off than it took to actually make it. I had made this purse a couple of times before, Frankie's complaint with it was that it sagged out in the bottom when she put her cell phone in it. I used a piece of canvas liner in the bottom to make it a little more stable. (note to anyone who hasn't used canvas as a liner before, PREWASH if you think there's any chance you might wash the item.. learn from my past mistakes) I also made a version for my cousin Linda and she requested a pocket. Thank goodness Frankie didn't, so I didn't have to bother! Additionally, I finished the table runner! I love small projects that can be completed in a short period of time. And I loved having just the right yellow binding leftover from another project to use, so I didn't need to make any! I think the runner is fun with all its different fabrics. The main print, which I thought was the same as the purse, is totally not. Wow. I so do not pay attention to things! It cuts up nicely, and looks so fun as centers to the sawtooth stars.
I have a little left of a lot of things, so I think I'll make some of the small items from the Amy Butler book, which should be in the shop soon. Its fun to make samples up and inspire people to try new things.
Next project, another table runner. Ready set, sew!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both are really cute. I love the style of the purse. Don't recall seeing it before. I know what she means about saggy bottoms! Sounds like we both had a sewfest today.

9:33 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

So clever and colorful...I used to sew alot have thougth of taking it up again...you inspire.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that purse! is it a pattern or a book? I usually design my own but when I see one that someone has already designed I'm all for just following a pattern!
and that runner is so beautiful and perfect for fall--good work!

10:03 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

I'm dizzy, oh so dizzy. The cuteness is overwhelming!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older