Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Its CHAOS! CHAOS I TELL YOU!!

Ok, so I'm over-reacting. A little. We're getting ready to make the big move back to school. Frankie has kept most of her school stuff separate but of course a few things have migrated into the main household. I've been trying to ferret them out tonight. Tomorrow is all about getting the stuff that's moving out, into its container and ready to move. Pants need to be hemmed, and maybe one more load of laundry done.

Then it's arts and crafts time. And movies, and inappropriate food and fun. And the last family dinner at home for a while. This is her second year of college but this time she's moving a little bit farther away, so we won't see as much of her. All part of the natural rhythm of life, so I'm happy for her, and hope that she has a HAPPY and successful year. Not that we won't miss her!

4 Comments:

Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

MMMMMmmmm I have that going on, too.
It's time, my Mom would always say.
It's fun seeing our daughters become gracious women.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't imagine the move to college with your kids - I had a hard enough time getting them ready for elementary and middle school. I remember packing to go and wanting to take everything I owned. A friend's son is headed to Chico and he didn't want to take anything she bought for him (that he will need!) - she said, I think he's going up there with some shorts and a pair of flip flops. Sounds like your girl is much better prepared!

11:18 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

All that college moving makes me exhausted just thinking about it -- whew!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first visit to your blog, LOVE that header! my two oldest have flown the nest now. it's bittersweet somehow. sending them out into the world on their own when it seems like only yesterday you held them on your lap. hobbies are good. yes, and blogs!!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older