Friday, August 18, 2006

Sew What?


I've got to get off this computer and get sewing. Seriously. I've just been reading and looking at pictures for days on end. I have to finish another 20 blocks of the red and white quilt and Frankie wants some cute headbands. She leaves in less than a week now, so I need to just DO IT.
I have been so inspired by the photos of peoples homes and work. They all seem so fresh and new, different styles, different color combinations. Working in a shop sometimes limits you to things that are available there or appealing to our customers so it's good to break out once and a while. Leave the rut and look around. I went to International Quilt Market this past May and really enjoyed it. I noticed how there are more 'hip' looking people around, people who come to the quilt world on a different route. Or maybe its just that they're traveling the same route in just a different time. There are a lot of new programs by publishers and fabric companies directed at the younger cooler quilter, less Eleanor Burns and more Amy Butler.
So anyway.. I don't know what that means to me today really except I'm feeling inspired to get back to work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh! Love the red dot quilt block. Watcha makin'?

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older