Saturday, August 26, 2006

Royal Mail

My darling kit from The Laughing Hens arrived Friday. Its everything I need to make the adorable bag and I can't wait to get started. I have not done a lot of knitting, and certainly nothing that wouldn't get felted and have all the errors camouflaged. With this kit you need to make sure you follow the pattern so your stripes match. My friend Terri and I are knitting these bags, she picked the light pink, I chose the darker berry color. The bag has eyelets for the drawstring and a picot edge. YIKES.
I called my mom to check in today and tell her my kit arrived. She's a big time knitter from way back. She used to do work for a little knit shop while we were in school. People would start things and then be unable to finish, and the shop owner would have my mother finish the project , and then she could pick a project do to for herself. She knit some amazing things over the years, a ribbon dress,coat, a suit, and many a cardigan for us all. Anyhoo... I asked her if I couldn't knit this in the round because I was very concerned about matching my stripes, ala garment making, and she said "Oh honey" in that way that means you're a loon, "You need to knit on both sides of this to make eyelets!" Oh.
This is just one of the many projects that I'll soon have going. I need to get back to that quilt and just start sewing again in general. I've put a lot of things on the back burner but with Frankie gone and long relatively uninterrupted days, I should be able to get myself back into the sewing room. Right. RIGHT????
And lastly, THANK GOODNESS that the Kitty-Craft site is up again. Its not open for business but come tomorrow I'm having myself a PamKittyMorning or else.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Laughing Hens - what a cute name. Sounds like a blog name. Have fun with your kit. Good to know Mom can finish it for you if you have problems. Cute bags!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't be filling up ALL of your time with knitting and such things...someone might be NEEDING YOU and your prodigious quilting skills. Hmmm...wonder who that might be.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so loving that kit! I don't knit too much either, but those bags are darn cute!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, one more thing - thanks (I think) about the heads up on Kitty Craft - I've missed that site!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

such talents...my 21 year old knits and said she would teach me...it remains to be seen...i have add...attention design disorder

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older