Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Book Meme

Ok, I was tagged by Jackie to work on this Book Meme! First one for me.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab the book closest to you...NO cheating! 2. Open to page 123. Scroll down to 5th sentence. 4. Post text of next 3 sentences on blog-and name of book and author Tag 3 people (that will be the hardest part!)
"Good. So where are they thinking of going?"
"I thought down your way would be good."
And that gentle readers, was a passage from The Witness at the Wedding by Simon Brett. Its part of the Feathering Mystery series and I really like it.
What really cracks me up is that today I am off and going down Jackie's way... I'm headed to Thimble Creek and then Quilter's Inn with my friend Elizabeth. We're in need of a fix, shopping in stores other than the one we work with. Its a 'business trip' you know, since we'll be discussing her pattern business, Late Bloomer Quilts, and things that need to be done before Quilt Market in October. I'll be consuming quarts of coffee along the way.
I'll be sure and post any findings! I have a nice pile of fabrics from yesterday to show as well. I was inspired by Pink Chalk Studio and her table runner. When I saw that her focus fabric from Alexander Henry, was in the shop, I had to get a pile of goodies to go with it. I'll post those later. Frankie had already selected the same fabric in pink for a purse.
I need to make a list of things to do or I'll fritter my day away, as my mother would say. But gee, getting dressed should be one of them if I expect to be at Elizabeth's by 10:30. How sad is it that it now takes planning to be somewhere that late. I've lost my edge now that I don't have to get anyone anywhere.
Oh and tagging people... yikes. That is the hardest part. Sandy , Laurie and Capello. Although they're all busy bee's so who knows if they have the time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing Pam! I knew I could count on you...have fun at the shops today! Say hi to everyone - I haven't gotten out much lately...Can't wait to see what you get! Oh, hey, who writes that mystery series - I love mysteries (cozy mysteries - not scary ones)!

11:20 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

I loved that table runner too! Can't wait to see what you make.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older