Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oh Blogger, you sweet talker.

This is my pile of fabrics for the table runner. I can' t just be satisfied with a few. I love the brown print and really love where this pile is going. One of the things that I find interesting about projects I see on blogs is that the fabrics are not all what I'd expect. Like who in a million years would put a Civil War print in with that wild brown border. Well the new hip blogging me would. Because now, that's how I roll. Interestingly enough, ok, well maybe it's not that interesting, Frankie chose the same floral in the green and pink colorway for a purse. We picked that up last week in Pacific Grove at Back Porch Fabrics. I have it pressed and ready to cut out tomorrow.
Here are my cool finds from my outing on Tuesday. They are all just waiting to be jammed in a box with the rest of the stash. And who could resist the darling Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster that Elizabeth brought back from Scotland. She's a bobber, and I think she'll be bobbing on my sewing table where her little neck will get a workout. She rocks, so thanks Elizabeth. Lastly, here is the little fig. Mom thought it was delish. Just 2 left now...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, those new yellows & browns! Your taste is changing before my very eyes. Pretty cool. Also love the new ones with bobblehead Loch Ness. Just jam them in with the stash - cracks me up. So true. My mom must have looked under my sewing table where my ever growing stash is. She said "you have enough fabric to make 100 quilts" ... and still I buy more. I tried posting pics today also & no such luck but I see you finally got one up.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

...such yummy prints!!!!!

5:19 AM  
Blogger deb said...

goodness.. I'm loving those fabrics you just picked up (such a cute name too.. back porch fabrics!) And a fig tree?? lucky you!

9:44 AM  
Blogger jen v said...

Lovely fabrics. I sometimes buy fabric just to look at it for inspiration.

12:32 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

And I like the way you roll.

2:57 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

Love figs and love your stash...and the additions TO your stash. Yummy.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

Your fabric look marvelous, yummy.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older