Sunday, April 07, 2019

The Sunshine Life

Hi there friends!  It's a sunshiney day here in PamKittyVille and I feel like a new person. This year it seems to make so much more difference to me, maybe it's because the weather has been gloomy for so much longer. It feels like a record year for rain, and I LOVE IT.  But I also love the sunshine.  Springtime sun is the best sun to me.  It's not too warm yet, my flowers still look pretty and everything is green and lush.  And it's mid-70s! The most perfect weather off all! 

Other things making me happy.... TINY BLOCKS.  I used to make quilts with tiny blocks all the time but somehow I moved away from it.  Don't even know why.  But these little 9 patches are dear to my heart. I have a lot of tiny 9 patch quilts and these were so fun to make.  Are you sewing along with the Temecula Quilt Company


quirkyblocks


Shh don't tell anyone, I even have the upcoming weeks blocks done!  Just maybe 4 more blocks left,  for me, and I want to make them pretty scrappy so I've put it off for now.  I need to lay them out and see what will help keep them from being too uneven colorwise.  But I like how they look all together. I will get a photo with the rest of them later.

quirkyblocks1

Here's my completed pile of baskets for the Flower Basket Table Runner.  I LOVE HOW CUTE THEY ARE.  I used a lot of Heidi's new fabric Shortcake and then some fabrics from my stash.  Not all the handles are perfect, but ohmygosh so fun to do.  

basketblocks

I did all my invisible machine applique with some very fine Madiera monofiliment thread.  I've had this spool forever.  But I'm sure there is a lot of nice monofiliment out there.  This is soft and doesn't show much.  This was the style of doing things when I began to quilt, and now there are so many different ways that people are doing things.  This pattern just reminds me of all the fun scrappy quilts I used to make and I feel excited about sewing again. 

Hope you are doing well friends. Oh, on the last post Martha asked me what sewing machine I used. I also have an older machine, it's a Bernina 1260.  I LOVE IT and hope it outlives me. 

Ok friends that's it for me! Hope there's some sunshine and happiness where you are!  xop

4 Comments:

Blogger lvkwilt said...

Lovely blocks! I took a class from Sally Collins once and have the tiny little piece I made. I need to make it into something. I think it is about 12" square with pieces less than 1/2" square I think. She is amazing and looks like you have it down, too! Definitely need to be accurate when you are working so tiny! Love your fabric so wanted to tell you that, too!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

I love your mini nine patch blocks! They are so much fun to make and can be used in so many ways.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Thea McCurry said...

Sew nice to see your progress on those tiny blocks. Tiny blocks are back in style! I also took a class from Sally Collins way back when. 😁

4:43 AM  
Blogger lymacsau said...

Great post, thanks for sharing!

Hương Lâm với website Huonglam.vn chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy toshiba cũ và dòng máy máy photocopy ricoh cũ uy tín, giá rẻ nhất TP.HCM

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older