Sunday, March 24, 2019

Quilters Select Free Fuse

Hi there friends! How are you?  We're having a spring-sunshiney day here in PamKittyVille. I'm making the most of the weather, more rain is coming our way.  I'm grateful for it, but I'm LOVING THE SUNSHINE.  I've been in and out all morning, filling the feeders, checking on my potted plants, as well as all the indoor things,  like emptying the dishwasher which is my least favorite job. It can't be put off any longer though.  NO SILVERWARE.
 
Some of you might remember that I posted on Instagram about the Quilter's Select Free Fuse I ordered from The Quilt Show. I like to try new things, I normally use the spray fusible (505)  for small quilts and bag making.  No joke people...
 
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT.



freefuse
 
I first used it on my table runner and it was great. It was easy to shake on, and maybe the hardest part was seeing the product which is white, on my white batting.  My sewing room isn't bright.  In Alex's video, she mentions you need to determine your own temperature for ironing, depending on your iron, I ended up using it on high with steam, but I think it would have fused without the steam.  This is the video about it.
 
 


 
Since the runner, I've used on the little pouch I made, and just for fun fused a little piece of buckram to see how that would work. It's very nice to work with, no build up on your needle which I did periodically have with the spray fusible.  No fumes or over spray to deal with either. 
 
I believe this is a quilt shop product, but I found plenty of quilt shops to order it from if you don't have a local shop. 
 
Hope everything is good on your side of the screen! xop

3 Comments:

Blogger lvkwilt said...

I saw this when I made my last purchase from the Quilt Show, but I had no idea how it worked. Thanks for sharing this and that you like the product. Sometimes it is hard to know what works best and I love to try new things!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Podunk Pretties said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna give it a try!

3:44 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I will order some and try it! I love the Quilters Select Rulers already.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older