Friday, December 07, 2018

FriYay!

Hi there friends! Can you believe this is my third post this week!  Shocker.  It reminds me of the old blogging days. I don't know how we got away from those days, maybe it's the ease of Instagram .  Fast and easy. But I do miss the everydayness of blogs, coffee drinking, road trips, lunch! Blogging was very good to me, I made many lasting friendships.  I was reminded of this over the weekend when I received a box from Sharon.
 
sharon
 
It might of been 2007 or even before that when my first box arrived after seeing the seasonal Junior Mints on her blog.  I remember commenting that I hadn't seen them and then there they were in my mailbox. Every year since she's sent me a box, and it reminds me of my good fortune to have her as a friend. 
 
People take a lot of amazing photos with the phones, I rarely pick up my small camera and honestly I've taking maybe one or two with my DSLR and that's it.  I was thinking about it when working on my vacation pictures, none on my camera, all on my phone.  Technology has changed so much.  I remember back in the day you'd  have to ask about taking a photo in a shop, now people just do it.  Weird when you think about it right?
 
Moving on, some of you might have seen on Instagram that I was working on an apron.  I'm using Kwik Sew 3787 which is the same apron that Elizabeth made me. It's a cute shape and flattering for all sizes. I'm using some Anna Griffin fabric from way back when that I ordered from Sharon. (She says she has a small quantity left FYI)

apron

My biggest concern using anything figural  is the head chopping, so I was careful with the layout.   These rooster motifs are pretty big, and while I did get one chopped off head, it's not obvious.  And I'm thrilled with the placement  of that top rooster.
 
 
 
apron
 
Thinking of the camera vs the phone, the above photo is with my camera, the others are with my phone.  Honestly I'm not great with either, although the top photo shows the color more.  My phone has a lot of the same options for photography as both my other cameras, but honestly AUTO just seems the easiest.  

apron
 
One of the fun things about making a gift is adding a PamKittyMorning label that I ordered from Dutch Label Shop.   It makes my apron looks so professional, so 'store bought', which growing up was the goal for everything we made.  I'm THRILLED with the look! Also I am still in love with that PKM recipe print.  Holly really is a genius with text prints.
 

apron
 
I think this apron will make a cute hostess gift. Frankie's friend Pam has invited us to make tamales with her in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.  I've always wanted to learn now. 
 
So that's it for this week friends!  Hope you're all doing great. Thanks for checking in with me, happy weekending! xop

3 Comments:

Anonymous Martha said...

What about the darling PKM button near the strap of the apron?!?! Where did that come from?? :)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I can't get over the cuteness of this apron. Not sure if I could wear it making Tamales though :)! Any red sauce seems like a magnet with me. Enjoy wearing this beautiful apron. Happy weekend to you, Pam!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Lovely apron, such cute retro fabric (and yes Holly's text prints are among my all time favourites...the blue one goes perfectly there!) Have fun in the countdown to Christmas Pam! XXX

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older