Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Treating myself to something fun

Morning friends!  How are you?  It's been chilly here in PamKittyVille and if you follow me on Instagram you saw that the surrounding foothills had snow!  Ok sure, for you people who get legit snow it's kid stuff but exciting for us here in the bay area.  Snow to 500 feet??? I'll take it!  
 
Anyway the chillier wet weather we've been having has me at the sewing machine.  I treated myself to a 12 inch  rotating Olfa mat,  and a BlueBirds on Roses charm pack, designed by the ever adorable Elea Lutz for Penny Rose Fabrics. 


BROlfa
 
I had a cute vintage bluebirds runner and I wanted to use it with this fabric but truth be told, the scale was a bit off for the small sweet designs and I couldn't bear to cut it up. 

Bluebirds1
 
But my idea to use this fabric with  embroidery  was firmly planted in my head, so I decided to see what kind of vintage embroidery designs I could find from Aunt Martha.  I'm not much of an embroiderer,  so I was looking for something cute and small in scale, and I came across these kittens.  I loved that little group of 3 faces there and the scale was perfect.
 
kittens
 
I wanted to make a  table runner/dresser scarf sized project with a curved edge so with the charm pack and  1/4 yard of a white solid this is what I came up with. I loved using my rotating mat to cut my charm pack pieces.  I look forward to using it with more projects. 

runner1
 
When I was stitching the kittens I thought about how when using a vintage piece, there might not be two  matching pieces, so I did some simple applique on the other end. If you didn't feel like embroidery you could  have applique on both ends, or just use the blocks. Those rail fence blocks are pretty fun to make.  (3inch finished)
 
runner2
 
The kittens are sweet and seeing them makes me tempted to stitch more of them. But also, unlikely to happen.  

runner3
 
So that's one of the things I've been up to.  It turned out just  as I imagined it.  Elea's collections is super cute, so I'm glad I picked up a couple of pieces of yardage.  I used the white focal print for the binding, I love how old fashioned it looks on that plain white.  (it's not actually white white, it's Riley Blake Confetti Cottons Off White)
 
That's the fun I've been having, what's up with you?

17 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

What a beautiful table runner, Pam! Love the beautiful centre and the super cute curved ends with embroidery and applique on each end. You do such lovely work! I also keep eyeing Elea's new fabric line - those tiny bluebirds really pull at my heart :)!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Raman Raman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Raman Raman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Raman Raman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Raman Raman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:18 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Next time you need a cute embroidery design, check out the archives at Q is for quilter. Free and lots to look at.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Your runner is so adorable Pam. I have always wanted to do a rail fence. It really shows off these cute fabrics. Adding embroidery and appliqué just finishes the look perfectly. How did you get that curve? Can you tell? I really love it?❤️❤️❤️

7:31 AM  
Blogger Bits of Stitching! said...

Super cute, it turned out lovely! So good that the AM’s transfer had a design that you could use!
PS: That vintage piece is gorgeous, and the colors so vibrant! Neither could have I ;-).

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny Bonynge said...

Adorable!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Super Cute PKM!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger رامز المثاليه said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:21 PM  
Blogger رامز المثاليه said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Julia Robert said...

Great Work. The digitizing of 3 kittens is just awesome. I love it.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous digitizing for embroidery said...

There are many delicious babies cloth image available I love them and you did a beautiful job on them. i appreciate you.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog! I admire your great work.There are many cute babies cloth design i was surprised to see the.Thank you so much for giving us to the helpful article and designing.Go head.

Embroidery Digitizing

4:47 AM  
Anonymous embroidery digitizing usa said...

This Is Really Great Work. Thank You For Sharing Such A Good And Useful Information Here In The Blog.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Julia Robert said...

The blog post about designing table runner/dresser scarf sized project offers an engaging and practical guide for creating a versatile and stylish accessory for home decor. By focusing on a project that serves dual purposes as both a table runner and a dresser scarf, the blog provides value to readers looking to maximize the utility of their embroidery work. The blog likely includes step-by-step instructions, helpful tips, and perhaps even design suggestions tailored to this specific project size. It may also discuss suitable fabric choices, embroidery techniques, and ways to customized solutions for machine embroidery to match different home decor styles.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older