Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Pin Pals

Morning friends! How are you? It's a rainy week here in PamKittyVille and so I'm doing some reading.  I'm lucky to receive e-books from Martingale to read and review, and today I want to talk about Pin Pals.    I'm a long time fan of Carrie Nelson, you maybe know her as MissRosie.
 
Anyway I'm constantly inspired by her creativity.  This book chronicles  a moment in time when inspired by Amanda Jean Nyberg (aka Crazy Mom Quilts) she began a quest to make pincushion a day.

pinpalscover

They're all cute.  I love the little color stories in each piece.  Of course I'm drawn to color combinations I love like this string pieced pinnie. 

Pg21_StringSquares

The book has excellent instruction, tips and tricks, the works.  And the  styling and photography  is lovely, as in all Martingale books. 

Pg56_OldGlory

I've included my favorites here. Right now on Instagram Carrie has a little challenge going, you can read about it on this post.

Pg17_RandomStrips



Pg86_FreshCutCube

I even made a pin cushion myself. I love this little daisy pin cushion from the book, so I pulled out some fabrics and made it yesterday afternoon.  You can see it here.

Pg77_Cupcakes
 
True confession, one of my corners has a leak, but lets not tell anyone.  It's a little misshapen, but hey, it was my first try.  I love those long rectangles and I might try one of those.  Lets face it, there's plenty of scrap fabric laying around just waiting to be sewn into something pretty. 
 
All the above photos are by Brent Kane and used with permission from Martingale. They're pretty. And there's more like it in the book!  I received an e-copy of this book from Martingale but my review and delight with it is my honest opinion.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I think I love them because they are small! Same as babies of every description - kittens, puppies, chicks, etc.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Just tooooo darn cute,,,,I have a lamb pin cushion, it it seems cruel to poke pins in it ������

9:44 AM  
Blogger Sewgirl said...

I don’t know what the fascination is, but I love pincushions too. I think because sometimes they are miniature replicas (those are the ones I collect ) and are just irresistible!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

LOVE these! I NEED this book to go with pins I’ve been collecting from Just Another Button Company. Going to order a copy now. Thanks Pam!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Bits of Stitching! said...

Very cute pincushions, the one you made is lovely!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Clipping Path said...

Amazing post with lots of informative and useful and amazing content. Well written and done!! Thanks for sharing keep posting.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous David Millar said...


Thank you for your information, I hope you will make more great content like this in the future.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older