Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Good intentions

HI there!  How are you?  What's new on your side of the screen?  Same old thing around here.  Lots of sunshine this week, and I've spent time outside working on deadheading roses and trimming back things that need trimming.  My roses all bloomed out at once, in a beautiful showing.  The rain has been wonderful for them!
 
Last week did you see the really cute tea towel over at Boughs of Holly?  I saw it on Instagram and LOVED IT.  So totally had to have it.  We'll see if I make even one flower. 


Wishful thinking
 
Also saw these low volume prints on Sharon's Instagram and had to have them.  Since I began quilting background prints have been my favorite.  These will make a nice addition to my own fabrics.  I saw Amanda's Irish chain quilt and fell in love with it so I'm thinking about that. 

Low volume

And to really mix things up I saw something out and about that gave me some ideas, so I have something else that I want to do.  We'll see how it works out.

chalk board
 
I have good intentions to all of these things.  We'll see how it all works out.  Tell me what you're working on!  I'd love to hear.

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love all of your good intentions - yup can relate :)! I'm quilting!! Not my favorite thing, but....my quilt tops always get ahead of me! Your roses must have been a wonderful show! You found some delicious fabrics!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Bits of Stitching! said...

So many fun (and tempting projects, especially the towel!)!
All roses blooming at once... beautiful sight!
On this side of the woods, I'm slowly working on hand embroidered towels for my new kitchen. S-l-o-w-l-y, very very slowly ;-). Purchased a few already made ones for display, and the ones I'm working on will be for use.
Still tempted by that towel project, I have the EPP templates already in my stash for the flower, and towels too. Need to focus!
Have fun with your projects!!!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I finally got two blooms on my roses. We had a late frost and I had to cut them back.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Janet said...

Hello again from Michigan!
I'm sending you a big thanks for recommending the Agatha Raisin books. Just finished the first and loved it. Agatha Raisin is, indeed, a delightful character, and I can't wait to start the next in the series. This makes saying goodbye to Helma Zukas a little easier. A girl's gotta love her books and her sewing, right? Thanks again.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older