Monday, April 10, 2017

True confession

Hi there, how've you been?  Still struggling with the virus that has it's iron grip on PamKittyville, but I hope we're REALLY kicking it the curb this week and not just getting kicked ourselves.  We'll see.  So far it's the thing that never leaves. 
 
But I did get out, had to run a quick errand that put me over near the Cost Plus, so I treated myself  to a little shopping.  I didn't buy much, but I did get this cute tin of Walkers  Shortbread. 

tin1
 
It's about 5" x 3 1/4" and it's completely cute.  And look at the cookies inside.  Union Jacks.  Union Jacks people.  Remember when we were all about Union Jacks?  I mean quilts and mugs and more mugs and pin cushions and tea cozies.  And everything. We couldn't quit the Union Jacks? 

tin2
 
And then we all moved on to something else.  I don't even know what replaced the Union Jacks.  But British stuff always catches my eye, like on Instagram when someone posted pictures last week of floral bags or tea towels from the UK  which sadly I can't find now.. it was all I could do not to jump up and head to Home Goods to find them!  But back to the tin.  I just know that someone will get this tin and turn it into the cutest little sewing box ever  and then take the most delicious photo of it, with the cookies of course and maybe some coffee or tea in a perfect mug and my I WILL LOSE MY MIND OVER IT.   Then I would have to search the planet for the tin and it would already be gone and I would only be able to find it from some place that had it for an exorbitant price and lets not even talk about the shipping.... and then it would come and I wouldn't be able to open it or even worse eat the cookies and would set it aside and then pile something on top of it and then forget about it.  Till the next time I saw it. 
 
Sigh. 
 
So if you see a cute sewing tin made up and photographed I'm not sure if you should tell me or not. 
 
Have a great week everyone!!! xo
 
P.  S. TELL ME. DUH.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Glad you were able to find this sweet tin. And the cookies are a great bonus!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamkitty you never fail to make me laugh. You always keep it real for us. In the time of blogs that are so slick and always trying to sell us stuff I like that you just tell it like it is. Good job. I will look for a a little styled pincushion tin in hopes to put you out of your misery.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love shortbread cookies!! This tin and shortbread design is extra special. So glad you snapped it up :)!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

If we weren't leaving today I would run out to find this tin to torment you with a cute make over...that's what friends are for! Sorry the crud is still in residence. It loves to linger this year!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Cindy A. said...

I've got one of those tins! I have a black one too that I keep ketchup, mayo, and soy sauce packets in for when I'm not eating at the kitchen table. It doesn't have a Union Jack on it though. I don't think either of my tins came with Union Jack cookies. I think they just came with plain old finger cookies. If you definitely want to get rid of the crud you absolutely have to eat those cookies and have a nice cup of hot, sweet tea to wash them down. It's the best remedy for what ails you:-). Trust me...I know whereof I speak.

2:31 PM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

That was the funniest thing I've read this week! And do I dare even mention the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea tin? No I probably shouldn't!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older