Tuesday, April 18, 2017

When good ideas good bad

Over the years I have been the recipient of some lovely items from blogging friends.  Blogging has changed over the last ELEVEN years, and while I love the new social media platforms, I remember the old days with great fondness.
 
Old friends may remember when I received this wonderful owl made by Laurie of Old School Acres.   I have carefully guarded it over the years after I blogged about it here in 2008, keeping it from harm and by harm I mean DUST.  Because I AM THE WORST.

owl
 
He's still in his pristine condition.  I've looked for good display solutions over the years and today I figured I'd hit on pay dirt with this cute cupcake stand at the Dollar Spot at Target.   It's got scallopy edges, and for those that can resist those cute scallops there's plain ones.  And then also larger cake stands.  Just an FYI.


Target cupcake stand
 
I've been looking for a cute cupcake stand figuring if I could find a nice dome, my owl could stand on it and be safe. 


cupcake stand and wide mouth jar

After months of fruitless searching for domes, enter my bright idea, the wide mouth mason jar.

owl in captivity
 
Ooops. Maybe not my best idea.
 
Hope you have  a nice week friends. I appreciate your visits! xo
 
 

17 Comments:

Anonymous jan altomare said...

I give it a 10 for creativity. But can you say squeezed in. Love the owl, it is the first time I've seen him and he is very cute.

6:02 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

That is so funny...I have a most precious bunny, home made, that I have treasured the same way...she needs a Mason jar!!!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is exactly the kind of blogpost I miss. Love your owl, remember it and Laurie and your 'vault' for special items.

7:16 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I so get it Pam....the dust thing. I am lucky enough to have a regular housekeeper. The only downside is that after 25 yrs she rearranges things in her taste...lol. This owl is adorable and your idea well worth trying.��

7:54 AM  
Blogger Barb Neiwert said...

His eyes are the perfect look for his current predicament, lol!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Tami Von Zalez said...

I think you are on the right track but the owl somehow looks distressed under the mason jar. *grins*

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Nancy Jo said...

I LOVE IT TOO FUNNY

8:22 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

I miss the camaraderie of the olden, golden days of blogging. :D Such fun pics! Groups of friends! Comments galore! Complete sentences!

Now it's post a pic and go! Much easier but I miss the stories. And it's not all bad for I have still made new friends. :)

I love to stop and visit here.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

Love the idea! I guess I should have made her just a little bit smaller. Miss you, Pam <3

9:43 AM  
Blogger Elise Baek said...

Oh dear little owl looks a little claustrophobic but I do love your idea so much!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Andria said...

I love this so much!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Help! Let me outta here! And I just bought framed prints of owls under glass domes for my living room!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Such a cutie - and love that he sings :)! Your little cake stand is so sweet!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

So funny!! It will keep the dust off your lovely little owl for sure! Love the cake stand.
Helen xox

8:42 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

He looks like he is in jail! LOL

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny of Elefantz said...

How darn cute is he?! :-)

I do social media because I have to...but my blog is my first love, a way to connect, really connect, with others. I'm so glad you blog. xx

7:42 PM  
Anonymous whatwerks said...

He looks like he is thinking "What did I do to be put in here?"
but hey, you only fail when you quit trying.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older