Friday, July 03, 2015

Sewcation

Hi there, Happy Friday!  I'm home from Utah and my sewcation.  I had a blast with Nanette, we went to a lot of great shops, did  some sewing and we hung out with her family.  It was pretty fantastic.  While I'm happy to be home with my people, I sure miss hanging out with her.  We even had lunch with Lori one day, and that was fun, no photos though, just trying to live in the moment.. but it makes for boring blog posts. 
 

the goods
 
We all love fabric, and I managed to score a lot of it while we were out.  I'm in love with the cute Elea Lutz Little Joys fabric.  I'm taste testing those prints, trying to decide what to make.  For sure I know Frankie would like some Christmas pillow cases.  Now to decide which prints and then order more yardage. Until then, HoardCity.   Also I'm loving Lori's garden text print, and I'm saving that with these aquas below for a little project.  I think they'll all mix up with Pam Kitty Garden and Fog City Kitty quite nicely.  I've got some of Tasha's new fabric too, super cute..  I love her toile prints and those strawberries.. precious. If I can't sew with friends I can sew with friends fabrics, right?  It's just about the same. 

the goods
 
 
Three day weekend for my peeps, so I'm sure that we'll be busy doing something, even if it's nothing!  What about you?  My friend Pat is having her last Fourth of July Brunch, so I'm excited to be there for the event.  If you've followed along with me for a while, you know Pat what a great time it is.  Now what to make! That's always hard for me.. deciding that.
 
Ok, happy weekend people!  Be safe in your celebrations!!! xo

8 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Hope it's not too hot. I have to make something for a neighborhood thing. Hopefully chocolate chip cookies for the win.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Elaine K said...

Good for you living in the moment at your lunch with Lori! I think that's one of the downsides of taking pics all the time: we aren't really present for the experience. And I am just as happy to see pics of your fabric hauls! 😄 Happy Fourth!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy seeing your posts even without the pictures. I also follow a long on instagram and loved all your vacation pictures. Lots of cute stores in there and I'm happy you found your fabric. It must be an exciting feeling. Let me tell you I died one day when you shared on of my pam kitty project photos. It was so thrilling to me that you saw it and thought enough to share it with your 'peeps'. There are a lot of snobby designers who never show pictures unless they are from other famous people. This is exactly why we all love Pam Kitty. Its like your one of us.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I'm glad you had fun!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

A sewcation !!!! what a perfect word.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing so many parts of your life with all of us - "sew" special (corny, I know!) Happy Fourth!

4:50 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

We have had gorgeous weather on our road trip vacation but I am so missing my fabric and sewing machine! LoL!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh No! The brunches are ending? I'll bet you'll really miss them! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Nanette -- I sure wish I'd been there. Hope your 4th was wonderful!!!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older