Monday, July 07, 2014

The Aftermath

Hi there! How was your weekend?  I had a great weekend and I can't wait to show you pictures of Pat's place!  We had such a great time at the party!  Pat always has her house fixed up nice, her porch is so inviting. 

Pat's 4th of July Party

The back yard is really where all the action  is.  Somehow no matter how hot it gets during the day, Pat's backyard is always very pleasant.  There are a lot of beautiful old shade trees in the neighborhood, so it seems a bit like an oasis. She's managing to keep her potted plants looking good, and it was a pleasure to walk around her yard.  Very sunny though, so pictures were hard. 
 
Pat's 4th of July Party

Pat's 4th of July Party

Pat's 4th of July Party

The inside is decorated as well.  Here's a bunch of pictures from brunches past.  I'm not sure we took a picture this year.. sometimes I get to excited out in the world and forget!  I know, I'm a nut.  So many people to talk to !  So many things to see.  I'm like a little kid!

Pat's 4th of July Party
 
You can sit here on the sofa while you wait your turn to sign the guest book. Every year we write a message to Pat in her 4th of July album.  I think people come prepared, even though I sign it each year, I totally forget about planning out a delightful missive for her.

Pat's 4th of July Party

Pat is a quilter, and it shows around her house.  She had some quilts in the backyard as well.
 
Pat's 4th of July Party

Pat's 4th of July Party
 
I even checked out this pretty quilt in her room.  Her whole house is so charming. 
 
Pat's 4th of July Party

Honestly each time I come there's even more cute mugs.  I have my coffee there in that little gingham mug, found out they were from Alden Lane Nursery so you know I was there on Saturday morning picking up one for myself.  And don't get me started on the adorable one with blanket stitching around the top.  You'll be seeing a lot of it too. How I'm going to fit those into the cupboard.. not even sure.

Pat's 4th of July Party

And how adorable is this cabinet filled with cute vintage and new goods?  I'm dying over that Jubilee plate and those vintage shakers.. and well all the pretty things.  

Pat's 4th of July Party
 
Even Pat's ice is festive, like Pat herself. 

Pat's 4th of July Party
 
No pictures of all the delicious dishes. It's pot luck and there were so many great things, fruit and healthy stuff, and then some egg dishes that were delicious, plus my neighbor Alice-Jane's  hash brown casserole and the Trifle Ann made.. scrumptious.  Even if you have just a bite of  each thing you come away stuffed!   Thanks again Pat for having me!
 
I even sewed over the weekend, lots of indoor time, it's hot!  What did you do? Did you see fireworks? Tell me all about it!

8 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

I waved as I drove by your neighborhood on Saturday Pam. We were up in area for 4th and July birthdays..3 in 7 days! A pool day on the 4th and a picnic on Sunday in Fremont... Saturday we hung out in Livermore and had a great dinner at Melo's Italian followed by red, white and blue ice cream of course. You are right it was hot!

6:08 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

Thanks for sharing her home with us. Always fun to see how people decorate with their quilts. Love the red chairs and table. Will have to look for star ice cube trays too fun!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Wow. Pat knows how to throw a party. How fun. The star ice. I can't believe it. Love the red and white quilts. I'm into that right now.

9:18 AM  
Blogger dream quilt create said...

How fun to be invited to such a heart warming gathering! I loved the quilts and the backyard and the ice! I spent the weekend with children, grandchildren, making lots of new memories. I had a wonderful time and am 4 hours away from home. Drive, drive, drive, we'll get there!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I always enjoy the pictures you show each year at Pat's 4th of July party. It looks so fun!!!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

I loved seeing Pat's home....the quilts!...and the decorations!....and the mugs!....all gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the pictures.
Happy week!
Helen xox

11:26 AM  
Blogger Wenchequilts said...

loved the decorations, so cute! And I saw the norwegian flags, so nice! :-)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Her yard is adorable all decked out in red, white and blue. LOVE the quiquilts!!!!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older