Tuesday, July 01, 2014

The one with whining.

So that was weird, no post on Monday. I had hoped I'd be over my need to whine about stuff but it turns out I'm not.  So sorry in advance.

blocks
 
Honestly I really try to not complain about the heat but the last couple of days really have wiped me out.  Yesterday I went to Target and  it was exhausting.  Target is being a good global citizen and not keeping their store at the frigid temperatures of the olden days but honestly it was so muggy inside it felt good to get out of the store.  
 
To make matters worse, when I got back home wasps were swarming all round my driveway.. trying to get into the eaves. My neighbor Ron came out and we chatted and all I could think of was those stinken things and what would happen if one of us was stung.   Later when I went out back to drizzle some water onto my poor fig tree there was a gigantic BLACK WIDOW spider by my hose. 
 
Seriously, nature is trying to ruin everything this year.
 
I have been sewing together the blocks I partially assembled when I was hanging out with Nanette. Sunday I spent way more time ripping out than actually accomplishing.  Do you baste your seams?  I pin then machine baste then check my intersections. These low volume blocks  hide my less than great matches at least.  I was feeling pretty discouraged Sunday, but Monday I was back at it and things went a lot better. I'm not sure why.  I'm not even going to press those until I have them all ready or until my mood improves.   
 
I'm sure that the fact I haven't slept that well the past few days has brought me here to the whiney place.  I already feel better just getting it out.  Sorry you had to listen to it.  Especially the people who dealt with all the horrible snow this winter. Snow.. it just seems like a magical dream to me.
 
Tell me what you're up to.  OH! And if you're headed to the Minnesota Twin Cities area, head over to see Roseann at her shop, Rosebud's Cottage, in White Bear Lake.  As you know Roseann and I are great pals and I created a little tote bag pattern for her to give away with the purchase of a Rosebud's Cottage license plate. You can read about it and see a picture here. What! You don' t know about the Row By Row Experience? Check out their site here. All the cool kids are doing it, you can too!
 
Ok, now that I've had my coffee with you guys I feel better already.  Have a great day. xo
 
 

18 Comments:

Blogger Podunk Pretties said...

Oh we all get a good does of "girly" hormones from time to time causing us to "mone" and whine. I've found that sometimes a little "wine" will help. I can totally relate. Yesterday Mr. Podunk brought in some fresh picked raspberries for making a cobbler. While washing them a big ole Granddaddy Long-legged came crawling out of the bunch I had in my hand! Now I've picked about 3 gallon of raspberries in the last 2 weeks with no spiders... I'm pretty sure Mr. Podunk put that spider in there...I should've cooked it the cobbler!
Hope today is a better day!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Hi Pam Kitty Morning,

How interesting it was to read your post, circumstances, including the icky mugginess of So Cal the past week, have me in a no sleep phase. Last night, When I went upstairs after a cup of chamomile at 1 in the morning, as I rounded the corner I saw above a door, a BIG spider, not just your icky regular ones. This heat and mugginess is really bringing out the spiders here. I woke up hubs to smash him. He got him in his half sleep state. My sister recommend the wasp shooting spray for the wasp nest we had with swarming wasps under our second story eave. It did the trick better than just shooting the nest with the hose. With some serious family emergencies lately, I am a bit frayed is all I can say. I really appreciate you sharing, because I remember I am not alone. Since I read that wasps kill bees I didn't feel too bad zapping the little mean devils, lol.

6:36 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I checked out the bag you made on the web site. Too cute. I wish all the web sites had their "row by row" on there like Roseann did because Colorado is not represented in the "experience".

I'm gonna try and do Lori Holt's summer quilting projects. I bought the pattern, but I have yet to get going on anything.

We are pretty dry here in southern Colorado. It was 90 here yesterday at 7500 feet above sea level...

6:46 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Your stack of blocks look really pretty. The weather, well here we are going to be in the 90's today, they say (and humid has set in for the summer).Perfect day to stay inside and get some sewing done. I am glad you are feeling better. I love that we can vent and then move on!!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I know how you feel! I had a brown recluse in sewing room and a snake in my driveaway on the same day!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I concur about the wasp spray that shoots like a laser. They were a huge problem for a day, then they were gone. Can you believe Nature getting all up in our face, eh?

Hope it cools soon. Nothing worse than hot and muggy. Nothing. And we spent 3 months in the polar vortex.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen King said...

I'm headed to Roseann's on Thursday and can't wait to get my patterns! :) Hopefully the rest of the week will be better, we all have those days!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

No whining here. It's in the 90's and humid and that is so much better than a NH winter.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been hot. But your fabrics are just so darned pretty, and I hope that a compliment helps you feel better! Maybe you could get one of those cooling thingies that ya wear around your neck. You wet them, wring out, then snap it, and put it on. Supposed to help for 8 hours. My hubby wears one when doing yardwork and swears by it! Keep cool and sew on! Liz Hansen, Chester County, PA

9:21 AM  
Blogger Pam in IL said...

I think you can whine anytime you want! We're going through hot & humid, stormy weather here in the midwest. After our long, brutal winter, the heat is almost unbearable this year. I think the polar vortex altered our ability to handle the heat. And don't even get me started on the endless hot flashes I've been having....

I'd have to vacate if I saw a gigantic spider, but I panic if I see a little one!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Sleep makes all the difference. As a mom of two little kids who never have slept well, i know how my day will go based on how much sleep I got. I wish you lovely nights of sleep and better days at the sewing machine! :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

If that was whining, I'm in trouble! All the stores here in central OK are way to hot & just as humid inside as out, but at least outside there is a breeze (or lots of wind) & a person can breathe. I have had to seriously curtail visits to any stores. Hang in there!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I'm going to have to whine back -- I can't get your pictures to load -- oh boo hoo! Although, if you have a picture of that spider, I'm glad they won't load! Anytime you have to see a spider you're allowed to whine for a WEEK!!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Persistent heat does that to you! We are cold her in Australia at the moment but I don't mind. Snuggling up under a quilt at. Night is nice.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Thanks for the tip on Roseanns. I am planning to be in the area in Sept. And will try to stop by. The fabric and bag are a cute idea.

4:07 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

I had a whiney day the other day...I think we just "need" one once in a while!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Eww, sorry to hear about the ugly creators and the heat. I can so relate. It has been really hot here too. I do not think there is enough AC. The humidity has been horrible too.
My week was like that last week. It seems everything I sewed I had to rip 2 to 3 times to get it to line up. Maybe there is something in the air. LOL!
I checked out your bag. So cute, I just love your fabrics. The blocks you have laid out are so stinkin cute. Love the colors together.
Hope your week is getting better?
Hugs
donna

7:47 PM  
Blogger Farm Road Quilts said...

That's hot when even the black widows come out of hiding. Yuck, hate those things. Glad your week is looking up. : )

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older