Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday

Happy Monday! What's on your agenda this week?  I'm taking a  road trip tomorrow so today I'm getting busy getting ready.  One of the things I needed to do was make a little case for my new point and shoot camera.  My old Canon is on it's last legs, the on/off button was more off than on.  That makes getting those spur of the moment car shots problematic.

mini camera case
 
I made the case because right now I'm still pretending I won't just throw it in the front pocket of my purse and let all kinds of things rub up against it marking it up.  So right now it's a delicate flower. Soon it will be just my regular old camera that's thrown in with my keys.

mini camera case
 
I used the little Styrofoam  protective pouch it came in as a size guide.  I wanted something small enough that it wouldn't take up a ton more room in my purse.   And no magnets, snaps or buttons to potentially rub into the view screen on the back when I carry my purse. I quilted up a long rectangle, then curved one end with a bowl as a guide.  I bound the straight end, then folded it up and basted it in place.  I took a 2 inch strip of fabric folded in fourths and made a strap to hold the flap down.  Basted that in place as well.  Then used bias binding to finish the edges. You can see my careless hand stitching on the flap. 
 
I used monofilament thread to quilt it, why oh why did I totally forget about my smoke colored thread I don't know.  My tension is off, you can see the yellow bobbin popping up, but I was too lazy to spend time perfecting that on this little case. It's much more obvious in the photo than in real life.  It's a nice snug fit, and now that I've attached my strap to the camera I can pull that out the top and carry it that way!
 
I'll try and keep you posted during the week.  You can keep up with me on Instagram ... you know I can't resist that! 
 
Have a great week everybody! xo
 
 

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Love this idea, such a nice colour combination to go with the camera too! Have a great week, Pam!
Helen xox

6:47 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Adorable! I need to make one for my little cheap camera that is also my good camera-lol. XO

6:53 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I really like how your case turned out!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Cute little camera case.Love the colors. Thanks for checking up on me. I need to do some catching up with you. I'm sure I have missed a lot of cuteness. I'm dying for your new fabric line to come out. Have a fun week and I'll check back in here soon.

11:07 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Have fun on your road trip. If you are headed to WI for quilt show I will be so jealous!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Cecelia said...

Love your fabrics you used for your case & your case is really cute!!! Your fabrics really are sweet!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older