Monday, June 08, 2015

Sizzle

It's officially summer in spite of what the calendar says, it was in the high 90s yesterday... today should be cooler, low 90s and then the week will cool as it progresses.  While I don't want to complain about the heat, it seems extra hard with the drought, the glimpses of green are so few and far between.  This is a giant park at the end of our block.. sob. Doesn't look like a nice place for kids now, and all the lovely shade trees around the equipment are gone. OUCH that slide would really burn you! The trees along the street, not pictured here, are looking pretty stressed, and I fear for a couple of the redwood trees. 

El Padro Park
 
I still  see people doing stupid things with water.. but hopefully most of the people are following the rules.   My back lawn looks like this park.  Not a fun place to be on the swing anymore. 
 
BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET TOO BOGGED DOWN IN IT.  My sewing room is still full of beautiful color, even though it's a hot mess.  I'm working on the quilts for Holly and the new Sunrise Studio fabrics are ADORABLE. 
 
Ok, better get to work instead of dilly dallying around here.  Keep cool northern hemisphere people! xo
 

8 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Sending out good vibes for a good rain.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

We have been having drouth conditions until the huge amounts of rainfall this year. I've lost 2 big trees to it. So sad to see them go. Also, some of my flowering shrubs were dead and shriveled up but too big for me to remove and this year they started sprouting leaves! No blooms yet but at least they are alive! I hate to sound like I should be wearing a tin foil hat but when you research weather control and HAARP, you have to wonder just what our government is screwing up weather wise. Here's hoping your dry spell ends soon! Love those new fabrics by the way. The strawberries are to die for! XO

7:04 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I guess we shouldn't use this blog as a political platform. I have my own thoughts on the weather... In South Eastern Colorado they are getting much needed relief from a drought they have had for years as well. In some places they got 14 inches of rain in May.

I read years ago that there is only 10% of the Redwood forest left so to see them in stress is so sad. And the animals struggling I'm sure.

Humans are so selfish. My mom has let her lawn die down in Santa Barbara. Her tiny front yard is water resistant plants.

I hope the tide turns soon...

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wells are drying up!! We've always saved grey water in buckets (water run in shower til it warms, dish rinse water, etc.) and poured it on trees and shrubs. Many other tips to reuse water.
From Tulare.......

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to see some of your own work on here soon, no wonder you don't have time to sew your own projects, always sewing for other people. I love your fun quilts and bags.

I will also pray for rain for you.. that's just a horrible mess right there. Poor children.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I wish I could send you some of my rain, my husband can't keep up with our lawn in MO. I'm from TX though, so I understand the drought.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

Praying California gets the rain it needs. So sad to see all the trees dying and the vegetation wilting. It makes me want to conserve water even though right now we have plenty.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I oredered all the little seed prints that you guys had at sample spree for my little shop -- I can't wait until they get here!!!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older