Monday, August 20, 2012

Bounty

Hi there! What's new in your neck of the woods? Did you have a busy weekend?


My big exciting news of the day is some of my figs are ripe! I've had my eye on them and SUDDENLY Saturday they were dark and by Sunday midday there were a handful of ripe ones. I'm not a  fan of figs myself, but my mother LOVES THEM. This year has been the best year for them! Back in May when I went to Quilt Market and Minnesota for 2 weeks, Bret was in charge of watering, and when I came home the tree was loaded! Clearly he has a green thumb when it comes to figs.  

I'm sure that there were other things, I'm on a fig growing high. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some sewing to talk about.

8 Comments:

Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

How pretty and makes me wish for Fall. Of course everything is making me want Fall. I am not a summer fan.
Hope you don't have to go into Figgy Rehab

7:28 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Such a pretty color! I hope your mom lives close!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

I'm excited that you are so excited about your figs. We had a fig tree once that was THE bane of our existence. What do you do with yours?

Mary

3:50 PM  
Blogger Diana Seal said...

They look so yummy! Are you going to make some jam?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Jenny Bonynge said...

Oh I wish I lived closer to you as I LOVE fresh figs!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous DianeP said...

While walking to the store yesterday, I noticed the figs on a neighbor's tree were getting ripe too (here in New York). They looked really good too.

We used to have dried figs every year at Thanksgiving - yuck - they could break your teeth. Found out many, many years later that fresh figs are really good. Hope you try them again?

4:52 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Does Raisin Bret make house calls? I want him to water my yard, too. It needs his help!!! Love your figs, even though I have no clue what to do with them… but they sure are beautiful! XXOO??!!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Angelina said...

It's funny how excited you are about something you don't like to eat. Do you dislike dried figs too? I love them dried but dislike them fresh. Fig trees, though, whether you like the fruit or not, are gorgeous!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older