Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Coffee and Granny Squares

Good morning! What are you up to? I had a fun day yesterday, meeting my friend Debbie for coffee. It's great to catch up with friends you don't see often. And even better, making plans for future meet ups. Only thing missing .. Famous Deb Silva, she's the other half of my sewing Debbies. Yesterday it felt like it was cooler than it has been. But more than that it seemed like the sun just wasn't so stinken hot. We sat outside for coffee and it was quite pleasant. I felt rejuvenated, but that could have been the effect of caffeine after noon, or  more likely,  it was  having a chance to chit chat with a friend that really boosted my morale!


The other day I pulled out my grannies. I don't know why it's taken me so long, THERE'S ONLY SIXTEEN OF THEM! I spent some time cruising through flickr and pinterest looking up granny square quilts and trying to decide on using posts with my sashing. I went with no posts, but of course totally doubt my decision.  Next up finishing up the sashing and deciding on the border situation.  There are some fantastic granny square quilts out there and I totally want to copy all of them.  My blocks are a bit 'flexible' so getting them nicely sewn together has been a time consuming challenge.. I want all those points to show. Maybe I'll be done with it later this week.

What are you up to?

15 Comments:

Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Ooh, I love your granny squares, it is going to be an adorable quilt!! I have been on a bit of a sewing break, but I think today is a good day to get back into it! Glad your weather is cooling down a little. We are seeing a little cooler weather too! I would love to have sewing friends, just waiting for my daughter to be closer! Enjoy your day!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Although it's still plenty toasty out here, you can tell fall is just around the corner. Shorter days and cooler nights...it won't be long. Your grannies are wonderful. Love the fabrics (of course) and the colors make me happy. Have a wondeerful day!

5:40 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Love these granny squares Pam, I still am resisting but every time I see them I weaken a bit!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

What fun granny squares. Can't wait to see your finish.

5:52 AM  
Blogger My Vintage Mending said...

Something about that gorgeous fabric that really makes those grannies pop. Just stunning...smiles..Renee

5:53 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Your grannies are beautiful.....must get back to my great grannies!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I loved the granny square quilt that Lori Holt is doing on "beeinmybonnet.blogspot.com - darling. And she has lots of them on her flicker site too from others.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

Your Great Grannies are turning out wonderful! And I met your friend Bari J. last Saturday at our newly organized Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild. She mentioned you two are good friends, and we have in common that we both moved to AZ recently.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

Hey there PK! Can't get up there for coffee until QITG next month. Have been missing my friends a bunch - you have no idea. I can't wait to see everyone.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Your grannies are so pretty....looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, I'm sure it will be lovely! I have been making some more farmer's wife blocks today... and tonight it's crochet time :)
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Helen x

12:33 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Your grannies look great! Can't wait to see it finished! It's on my 'list' of quilts to do... so hard to know how to finish it! I think no posts will look great!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Love your grannies! Perfect in all their pamkitty glory. Can't wait to see it done!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

It looks fabulous! And every single one of my Granny Square blocks came out a bit wonky! It's just part of their charm. I can't wait to see how you finish it. And how big is your quilt? You were making teeny, tiny blocks, weren't you?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I love them...now I want to copy yours!!!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The grannies are lovely. I want to see them finished and quilted. Will be lovely lovely lovely.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older