Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strawberry Delicious

Hi there! How goes it? I see a lot of your are excited about the RED MAT like I am. I got mine from Julie at Keepsake Cottage Fabrics.


Recently I had been to IKEA and found the cutest dishtowels. I grabbed them up on a whim, and now look how perfect they are with my PKM  pink strawberry fabric!  Yesterday I appliqued those strawberries from Holly's basket quilt on and it rounds out my little collection of kitchen goodies.  I think that's what I think is great about applique patterns.  They're not just great to make a quilt from, later you can add the motifs to other projects.  

Now I need to head out and mail these off to my sister for her extremely belated birthday! Hope you guys are keeping cool!

12 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Gosh, miss stopping by one day and almost missed the red miracle mat...omg! Almost as cute as the birthday gift, I need to be your sister next month...it's my day!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

So cute, love your idea!! I think I need to try to find a red mat too! Next time in WA I am going to be visiting that quilt shop!!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

What a fab birthday collection -- lucky sister! LOVE that RED mat too!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Love the red mat - fabulous addition to any sewing room. Your sister is going to love her sweet treats.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Oh My Stars and Garters!!! R E D ones!
That mat is very tempting since my old one is not 'healing' and eats my rotary cutter.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Happy Birthday to Sis and such adorable presents!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How do we get on the birthday list? LOL!!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

EVerything is so cute!What a wonderful gift for your sister!

7:41 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Must buy red mat. I was just at Ikea, guess I missed those. I do however love the natural ones with the red stripe down both sides, they clean like no other! And at 79 cents, I don't feel bad when they get used ;)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

What a great gift!!! Do you have a specific batting you recommend for pot holders? Is it the kind with the shiny silver on one side? I've never bought that or made anything with it and don't know what they call it but was just wondering if there was a special batting to use for those kinds of projects. Your sister will be so blessed - everything is so cute.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Those are so stinkin' adorable! Your sister is a lucky girl!!!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

I use to have daffy duck mitts and I used them so much they worn out. Those were the cutest mitts.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older