Friday, August 03, 2012

And....

We're back to Friday! Hard to believe the week can whip away so fast. I feel like I was super busy all week but sadly my output was pretty slim.

hot coffee

Of course I did spend a few minutes out back with coffee before the wasps got too busy. We have a trap out there, a fancy one that will catch wasps, hornets and yellow jackets. Of course I grew up calling these creeps wasps, but it's hard to tell from the trap packaging if they're yellow jackets or hornets. They're probably neither, since we've only trapped one apparently stupid wasp, the rest are buzzing around the trap like it isn't there.

I was lucky to receive a package of Bari-J-Goodness this week! I think this collection with Art Gallery is my favorite so far. Have you seen she's in the middle of 14 days of Lilly Belle? You should check out her projects if you haven't seen them! Lots of things you might want to make, table runner, gift bag, curtains, a cute top! Other things too, all cute. Oh gosh, I forgot, the napkins... go check those out!

a box of Bari J Goodness

I finished this month's Blogger's Block of the Month block, but like most months, I'm unhappy with it. Lesson learned, do not try to cut and sew with inadequate lighting. It's been pretty hot here and I try to keep the lights off in my sewing room because it's already hot with the iron and the sewing machine and the SUMMER. I'm not bitter though, I like my choices, and it will be ok to make again. It's really the center that's bad, so I could simply exchange out that part.

B3Bloggers Block of the month


I'm happy with the overall feel of the blocks I have going. It doesn't stop me from feeling envious of everyone else's pretty blocks!

So it's the weekend. I'm not going to bother planning to do anything, just enjoy it. If I get something done, well bonus right? Hope you guys have a happy weekend! xo

12 Comments:

Anonymous Suzanne said...

Your blocks are super cute Pam. Some of those are really fussy. Goodness - lots of work! Enjoy your weekend and try and stay cool

5:40 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Love the blocks Pam. Enjoy the weekend. Have a busy one here, wedding tonight and then helping my daughter get ready to move to Stockton...sigh, that's a long drive from LA.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Love your blocks and of course your coffee mug! Bari J's fabric is very pretty!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

Love that mug! I'm slowly building a collection of mugs I like and weeding out those that don't inspire me. Can a mug be inspiring? Oh, yes! Just look at your "mug of the day!"

From what I've been able learn, wasps are the ones with the dangly legs, yellow jackets are a tad larger than a honey bee and hornets, unless they are the black bald-faced ones, look like yellow jackets on steroids! Hornets are the nastiest ones!!

Just for the record I love all your blocks but i see what you are saying about the one in the middle. Does it have larger spaces of white compared to the others?

6:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Happy Friday! Your blocks are coming along perfectly.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous KathiD said...

Love those blocks! Looks like a pretty good output to me, Missy.

As for the wasps (we also call them "meat bees") we had ZILLIONS of them a couple of years ago, and bought those traps and filled them up, but still we were bedeviled by the monsters. So one of my quilt buddies, who also does some kind of scientific-y job, tells me that the traps actually attract the wasps from miles away! She swears that you'd (we'd) have fewer wasps in the yard without the traps. ???? I feel for you, though! Those things are awful.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Pam I adore the blocks!
I agree with you about Bari's new fabric line, very pretty.
Let me know when you find a good wasp solution. They are horrible this year. We've already knocked down (we meaning my husband)4 nests and they keep coming back. Last year I hung brown paper bag "balloons" but they aren't working this year.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Love your Blogger BOM even if the lights were turned off! We use a paper lantern type bee "fooler" I couldn't find a link for it, but here is a similar one that might help you in your garden with the wasps: http://www.groworganic.com/the-waspinator.html
Cheers!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I love those blocks all together...and your coffee cup is too cute...love that too...oh, and the Bari J fabric...gorgeous...so much eye candy on this post!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh. those blocks couldn't be cuter. I wish I could snatch them up. This is my fav line of BariJ fabric, too. I have a few pieces. I have the same problem with lights in my sewing room in the summer.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Dianne Mitzel said...

I would love to have the pattern in the darling baby quilt, do you happen to know who designed it? It is so old-timey looking, and I love the K.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know your fabric line and where you got the. They really make the quilt. Jill olvey

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older